When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Baloonist

jjajh

A woman in a hot air balloon realized that she was lost. She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted out to him, “Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend that I would meet him an hour ago, but I don’t know where I am!”

The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, “You’re 30 feet above sea level. You’re at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees 49.09 minutes west longitutde.”

The woman rolled her eyes and said, “You must be a Democrat.”

“Yah, I am,” said the man. “But how did you know?”

“Well,” she answered, “everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to do with your information and I’m still lost. Frankly, you haven’t been much help to me.”

The man smirked and responded, “You must be a Republican.”

“Yes, I am,” the balloonist replied. “How did you know?”

“Well,” said the man, “you don’t know where you are or where you’re going, you’ve risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air, you’ve made a promise you have no idea how to keep then expect me to solve your problem for you, and you’re in exactly the same position you were in before we met but, somehow, it’s now my fault.”