When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3646 Homage?

Marv1n

There are a couple of individuals who carry a very high quality variation of the 47mm 3646 hommage- WM and I believe river may be able to source these still (though I am not 100% sure).

In addition- a number of dealers carry a low cost variation of this watch-

Link.

There is a pretty substantial difference in cost as well as overall quality, but for the price, these low cost alternatives are pretty decent.

I have one (in fact I'm wearing it today) and it's a very nice piece. I notice they've come down in price since theyr first were out a few months ago. They also come in 3 dial versions with Russian movement.

The main downside is a mediocre pilot style strap, so you'll probably want to replace that.

Dave

I have one (in fact I'm wearing it today) and it's a very nice piece. I notice they've come down in price since theyr first were out a few months ago. They also come in 3 dial versions with Russian movement.

The main downside is a mediocre pilot style strap, so you'll probably want to replace that.

Dave

I think hte other downside is the poor-quality crown/stem threading, which wears out prematurely. As it is not a standardized part, it may be difficult to find replacements for this piece.

Any ideas on who might be capable of putting together a 3646 Vintage with a decent movement while reducing the circumferance of the dial to fit a 44mm case?

1. I've never heard anything good about the Russian movement.

2. The 47mm case is just too big for my wrist. No way around it.

3. It would be great to have a display back.

Nice to see that I'm not the only one thinking along these lines...

Quite a unique piece, and thank you for sharing!

Question: does WM actually do (make) his own dials?

He'd be a logical choice for a custom model - on the condition of being deemed worthy of receiving his soup...

He did post this on the old RWG at least a year ago - have no idea what's inside - but it's stunning...@ around $550.00 as I remember...

Unforgettable.

Inimitable.

I want one.

post-55-1145919376.jpg

Nice to see that I'm not the only one thinking along these lines...

Indeed- 47mm is way too large for my wrist as well. The 45mm Radiomir is my max, and it's tolerable only because the case has a very low profile design to it.

I am not sure if Kenzo is selling these custom made Radiomirs any longer. At $550 per, these were great bargains for a custom made Swiss 6497 based time piece. I think I spent more in collecting parts for mine than what it would have cost to just buy one of his creations. It was, however, a lot of fun putting it together :)