When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bentley T chrono cash back skin rash

Dizzy

stupid skin!!

haha

ive got a new asian bentley T chrono (well built rep) and the case back with the 3 engraved cars gives me a terrible rash after a few hours. i first suspected the case back wasnt stainless steel at all becasue it just didnt look right. The brushed part was "too good" and looked like acid etched glass almost. I took the case back off to try a diff breitling caseback i had but the thread size is not the same. When the back was off i started to brush the high polished and engraved metal and found that there was almost a thin paint like finish on it that was replicating the glass etched look of the stainless steel around the high polish little raised cars... now the back is clean and all the same texture,.

i will reinstall the case back and try wearing the watch and see if i still get a rash. All in all, this isnt very exciting but if this fixes my problem, it may help another forum member with a similar watch :)

now that the case back is on the watch again.. it almost looks like aluminum compared to the bushed stainless on the watch. I wonder how hypo-alergenic aluminum is? LOL

will keep thou posted

;)

Edited by L-dizzle

Its from someone who trades here and its got the asian 7750 but i dont want to say yet until i see if its a simple fix. I dont want to bad mouth anyone if you know what i mean :)

stupid skin!!

haha

ive got a new asian bentley T chrono (well built rep) and the case back with the 3 engraved cars gives me a terrible rash after a few hours. i first suspected the case back wasnt stainless steel at all becasue it just didnt look right. The brushed part was "too good" and looked like acid etched glass almost. I took the case back off to try a diff breitling caseback i had but the thread size is not the same. When the back was off i started to brush the high polished and engraved metal and found that there was almost a thin paint like finish on it that was replicating the glass etched look of the stainless steel around the high polish little raised cars... now the back is clean and all the same texture,.

i will reinstall the case back and try wearing the watch and see if i still get a rash. All in all, this isnt very exciting but if this fixes my problem, it may help another forum member with a similar watch :)

now that the case back is on the watch again.. it almost looks like aluminum compared to the bushed stainless on the watch. I wonder how hypo-alergenic aluminum is? LOL

will keep thou posted

;)

Dude, thinking about the Bentley gives me a rash, and I'm no dermatologist, but could it have been a 48mm of steel on your wrist on a hot summer day that gave you the rash?

HAHAH yeah its a big watch

after polishing the case back, i have been wearing the watch non stop since last night and no rash at all.. hmm.. maybe it was a coating on the case back after all... before this i would get red spots on my skin after only a few hours..

Lonnie

ok well after sanding the back of the case with a scouring pad, it seemed to remove a coating of some sort.. now i dont get a rash!! whatever was on the back of that case was causing the skin reaction. So there you go. If you cant wear your breitling rep then try what i did and maybe it will work for you. Im just happy i can wear my new watch for more than 2 hours at a time LOL

YAY!

ok well after sanding the back of the case with a scouring pad, it seemed to remove a coating of some sort.. now i dont get a rash!! whatever was on the back of that case was causing the skin reaction. So there you go. If you cant wear your breitling rep then try what i did and maybe it will work for you. Im just happy i can wear my new watch for more than 2 hours at a time LOL

YAY!

That's great! About your wrist, I mean. I'm not so sure I like the idea of some unknown Chinese chemical being sprayed on our watches, though...

That's great! About your wrist, I mean. I'm not so sure I like the idea of some unknown Chinese chemical being sprayed on our watches, though...

Yeah i dont know what it was.. sorta like a clear coat or something maybe...