When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch repair in Boston Area

john

thank you for your reply,

I need movement swap from asian 7750 to swiss 7750, and relume if possible,

Cheers

JJ

Both of those are very 'replica' orientated changes - a regular watchsmith will never have seen an asian 7750, most watch owners replace dials rather than relume them.

I think you would get a better job done from someone on the boards - Ziggy, Flav.

Just my 2 cents...

:)

I have interest in this thread. Anyone know of a watchsmith in the Boston area that is willing to work on a rep, for atleast simple stuff, such as cleaning and oiling?

Both of those are very 'replica' orientated changes - a regular watchsmith will never have seen an asian 7750, most watch owners replace dials rather than relume them.

I think you would get a better job done from someone on the boards - The Zigmeister, Flav.

Just my 2 cents...

Why dont you guys try going to the Jewelers building (333 Washington St) and in the main lobby there will be a directory of whos in the bldg. Make a list of all the watch repair shops and visit them 1 by 1. Im sure you will be able to find someone.

I think you would get a better job done from someone on the boards - The Zigmeister, Flav.

Just my 2 cents...

You are right about that. Until I started re-luming at my shop (mostly just hands and dot and stick markers) they just replaced parts. The asian 7750 isn't really very different from the swiss, so any watchmaker should be able to work on one, but the guys who do work on these boards will know all the tricks and quirks with these replica models. You should send it off to one of the board watchmakers.