When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3717 bracelet

Amplitude

I got my 3717 from EL when he was the only one to have it.

The bracelet is excellent, just like OEM, aside from the swirls on the inside of the clasp IIRC.

The bracelet is amazing.

My only working complaint is that it is a sincere biiiitch to remove the endlinks.

I got my 3717 from EL when he was the only one to have it.

The bracelet is excellent, just like OEM, aside from the swirls on the inside of the clasp IIRC.

The bracelet is amazing.

My only working complaint is that it is a sincere biiiitch to remove the endlinks.

No engine turning inside the clasp, or some that shouldn't be there? Does it look sort of like this clasp? http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tre...82690&rid=0

How did you get the end links off? I'm pretty versed in this stuff, but I cannot get the bracelet off mine.

I had some luck earlier when I first got the watch using a simple Bergeon spring bar removal tool.

But later on, it became quite evident that it was tough as hell to get 'em to spring free.

So I tried the speed pin spring bars in 22mm length. I shaved off 1mm in size and they fit just fine.

Great idea - in theory. One side came off after a few minutes, the other side was impossible. So impossible that I had to destroy the last link connected to the endlink. Luckily, I have 2 more spare endlinks.

What a pain in the asss.

I have yet to figure out what tool is the best tool for the job. I've seemingly tried everything (spring bar tool, tack pins, tweezers, screwdrivers, toothpicks, ... ).

If anybody has a surefire method, please let us 3717 owners know!

No engine turning inside the clasp, or some that shouldn't be there? Does it look sort of like this clasp? http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tre...82690&rid=0

The bracelet in that TZ thread is the 19mm version for Mark XV or UTC. And the engine turned finish is correct for that model.

The 3717 bracelet is 21mm in width and, IIRC, it does not have the engine turned finish. Again, I could be wrong about this.

Here are a bunch of pics of gen bracelets snagged from a timezone.com thread.

270364-3678.jpg

270364-3679.jpg

270364-3680.jpg

270364-3681.jpg

270364-3682.jpg

270364-3683.jpg

It looks like the false links on the endlinks on the gen are sharper, but the clasp finish (perlage/engine turning) looks identical. I can't tell for sure, but it also looks like the IWC engraving on the reps is more centered on the clasp and slightly larger.

The crown looks ever so slightly different, but it may be an illusion. Can't wait to get mine so I can check it out in person.

EDIT: Forgot to add, I have the ETA day and datewheels in hand, and the day font is identical to gen. The numerical font also looks to be identical, but -may- be a little less bold. I'll have to compare once in the watch to tell.

Edited by Amplitude