When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Confusion Over Expensive Daytona Replica

Guest RolexRich

Guest RolexRich

Hello, I am a newbie in Rolex Replicas.

and I am confused over these expensive rolex daytonas that I saw.

I have heard the usual saying by dodgy replica website store, that goes "all expensive replicas you see are actually $300 replica being sold at near $1 grand price"

so are these below are the REAL SWISS expensive daytona replicas? the ones that those replica website stores sells for $1500 onwards??

RLDS10011 SS White Dial Swiss7750 Running Secs @ 6.00 2001 Model

RLDS10012 SS Black Dial Swiss7750 Running Secs @ 6.00 2001 Model

RLDS10013 SS White Dial Swiss7750 Running Secs @ 6.00 2005 Model

RLDS10014 SS Black Dial Swiss7750 Running Secs @ 6.00 2005 Model

If so, what makes it far expensive than those daytonas having $200 ~ $350 price range?

Thanks for any comments

You are correct to ask questions. I -- and I think almost everyone here-- would not pay those kinds of prices for a rep.

Having said that, Joshua, the proprietor of this web site, is one of the favorite dealers for members of this board. I have dealt with him several times myself and have been a satisfied customer both times.

In my opinion, if Joshua said that these are actually genuine Swiss 7750 movements, and that the rest of these watches represent the highest of rep manufacturing standards and accuracy (sub-dial spacing, etc.), then I would take him at his word that these watches are worth the price. That doesn't mean I would pay close to $900 for a rep, but I would at least take him at his word.

I have not studied Daytonas. They -- and most Rolexes-- don't particularly interest me. But past posts and other board members can fill you in on what you need to know.

My suggestion, if you are indeed a newbie to Rolex reps, or reps in general, is to start out by buying something well regarded in the $200-300 range. There are many great, well-reviewed choices. If you like what you buy, perhaps buy another one or two-- perhaps Rollies, perhaps another brand. For $900 you can get three or four truly excellent reps. One of the points of buying reps is to stretch your dollars and your creative purchasing power.

Enough suggestions. Welcome to the board, and enjoy your search.

Guest RolexRich

Thanks for the response, it was very helpful & informative

I will do as suggested, go for starter reps and work my way up until im ready for a true swiss ones

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

In the meantime you can look for a DW vintage Daytona and learn to enjoy its look and feel. You really won't do much better than that.

Actually, I'd want to take this opportunity to ask about the vintage Daytonas.

I've heard a lot of good things about the DW vintage Daytonas, the assym pushers, correct subdials etc... so is there any fault? I think i've read that the hour subdial does not work, is this true?

I have only recently learnt to appreciate the beauty of these vintage pieces, way better than the modern daytonas in my opinion.

Nanuq and Ubi and other rolex experts I'll love to hear your feedback.

In my opinion, if Joshua said that these are actually genuine Swiss 7750 movements, and that the rest of these watches represent the highest of rep manufacturing standards and accuracy (sub-dial spacing, etc.), then I would take him at his word that these watches are worth the price. That doesn't mean I would pay close to $900 for a rep, but I would at least take him at his word.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the above is not true. You are only paying more for the movement; genuine swiss 7750 vs chinese copy 7750. Quality of the watch and accuarcy wise they are all the same.

Am I going to get owned for giving the wrong info?

Cheers

Actually, I'd want to take this opportunity to ask about the vintage Daytonas.

I've heard a lot of good things about the DW vintage Daytonas, the assym pushers, correct subdials etc... so is there any fault? I think i've read that the hour subdial does not work, is this true?

I have only recently learnt to appreciate the beauty of these vintage pieces, way better than the modern daytonas in my opinion.

Nanuq and Ubi and other rolex experts I'll love to hear your feedback.

Yes middle hour subdial on DW does not work. Some people have trouble with it dying and buy extra movements (rbj bought an extra, etc)

The lemania copy ones are more reliable and durable and less expensive... but also less accurate.

Yes middle hour subdial on DW does not work. Some people have trouble with it dying and buy extra movements (rbj bought an extra, etc)

The lemania copy ones are more reliable and durable and less expensive... but also less accurate.

Ok - this e a foolish question - what does DW stand for? I know it is a vintage model - but do not know the shorthand.

• 2 weeks later...