When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MIDWEEK WRIST CHECK

By-Tor

Actually 187 is not as big as you think it is. Actually it is kinda big not overly huge. At least not to the extent that you look as if you are wearing a clock on your hand. At least imo. With the construction, the bezel takes up quite a bit of space, and with the sunken sloping 3-D dial, the actual dial itself is smaller in diameter compared to 1950. The sheer size of the watch is due to the thickness. It is one thick mofo.

One thing I am worried about is the movement. Very unstable. I know of at least one rep 187 that has begun displaying problems.

This rep is simply amazing. I can preach enough how good it is but you have to have it in your hands to appreciate it. Save up and get one! It is well worth it, really!

I have actually done a comparison side by side with a gen.

- The gen actually looked smaller than the rep, believe it or not! But still the same size (I have measured them)

- The sunken subdials is more pronounced in the rep than the gen! Weird I know.

- The markers on the subdials are less pronounced as well in terms of the imprints.

- The bezel markers are thinner in width in the gen compared to the rep.

- The illume markers are way thinner in the gen and the rep has a thicker illume in terms of width.

- The blue imprint of 1000 is darker and more prominent in the gen.

- The blu-ish AR is more visible in the rep.

- The crown guard of the gen is slightly larger than the rep.

- The chrono pushers screws do not screw all the way in on the gen.

- The rubber strap on the gen is of good quality. I was amazed by the texture of the rubber strap!

- Overall, the rep looks like a badder, rawer version of the gen. 187. That is how I feel about it when I put them side by side. Not overly obvious but given that I have spent 14257495060684hrs looking at this watch, I should know! :lol::lol:

I will prob take a photo comparison thingie when I have the time. Been too busy these days.

Seriously, if anyone of you ever consider buying one, stop considering. Just get it! I know it is very pricey but this is by far the best rep I have ever had. My brother has the same watch and he vouch the same.

Ah well, I wish more people has this rep so we could share the joy of appreciating the details of this watch.

And lastly, sorry for hijacking the thread.