When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 024 Asian 7750b1

Finepics

Gentlemen, I thought I would treat you to a little review of the new version 3 of the PAM 024. So, this morning my trembling hands tore open the package from Andrew that had just been delivered (faultless service by the way). First thing I noticed is how much heavier and better made it fells than the asian movt version (which uses a tiny generic movt with a large plastic spacer ring).

So what's good about it. I am not sure if it's the same factory making all the subs but the case is better finished, the bezel has a super smooth 12 click around the whole dial action (more about this later). The dial has the usual lume job (not very good). The luminous dot on the bezel is underneath a little clear lens - nice touch. The bezel markers are much more like the gen, low on the bezel and better finished, and this is the problem with the asian movt versions - their markers are very sharp edged and stick up much higher than the gen which makes them vulnerable to knocks, although better than the Arktos.

And the bad - well here comes the history lesson. This version has a brushed bezel but the case number on the rear shows it an A series which means that this should have a polished bezel. The D series onward PAM 24 had a brushed bezel, 15 click per quarter and the minute markers from 12-3 on the bezel. Other big difference is with the dial markers - they are the same as the 199 but should not be raised off the dial. The 24 has marker dots printed onto a white background (visible at the edge) but not really an easy DIY mod so best left as is. Date mag is usual but at least the font is ok (and no sunken datewheel on these) and with the new cyclops and an AR should be the bollox!!! Oh-- and an upgrade to a VJ 7750 in the future.

So first thing I had to do was get out the polishing wheels and bingo - polished bezel and markers. Stuck on the bling strap and here you go (excuse the photos - no time to set anything up).

Heres the watch as it comes (excuse me please dealers, yes this is a factory pic - not mine)

32976-40064.jpg

Caseback with A series number

32976-40065.jpg

And here is the polished bezel - New photo and much better.

32976-40066.jpg

Just a little peek at the Pre-A project!!! Temporary dial as experiment for the moment!!

32976-40067.jpg