When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Like clock work... I wash the car....

ubiquitous

It's funny, I washed my E32 yesterday afternoon, too!

It did not rain, but by the time I came around to buff the wax off of the roof, I noticed that there was an inordinate amount of fresh bird droppings :(

SoCal might lack rain, but watch out for sparrows, chickadees, parakeets, seagulls, morning doves, wild parrots, robins, bluejays, etc... :crazy:

Thanks for cheering me up, guys! Indeed... A bit of a bummer when it rains on a freshly washed/polished/clay barred/waxed car (especially after spending the time to do this stuff)... But we could use the rainfall here! So... I guess I shouldn't complain! Besides... The wax job is doing it's thing, so at least I know my detailing wasn't a complete waste...

Robi- Good eyes. The wheels are 19x8.5 (front) 19x9.5 (rear). It's a 7 year old Mercedes... Does okay for getting me to and from the office on my 5 minute commute and it's long since paid for, so I keep it around. Would love to buy a new car for myself, but I really don't want the car payment, higher cost to register, depreciation and all the other 'joys' of buying new, so I opted for the cheaper route of new wheels, tires, suspension, etc instead to keep the car at least somewhat interesting to me.

Aside from that... It's black. And maintaining the paint finish on this car has always been a nightmare...