When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 165/leather from EL

steviemeatballs

First of all, EL was awesome. pp'd Friday, on my wrist today - I'm in Maryland. Tracked it all the way. Great stuff.

First impressions are that this is a solid piece. Quite heavy and looks like a huge clock on my wrist. Is there anything I need to do to get this looking even more genuine? :)

My photgraphic skills are not that good in macro. I'll take some more when I get the hang of it.

Comments if you would please. I suppose I should be getting a new strap. Are there any rep straps i.e with the correct wording on them?

33924-39810.jpg

and

33924-39811.jpg

Guest overboosted

As far as rep straps with wording, the choice is slim for good quality straps. Basically the ones that come on reps, and River sometimes sells decent rep straps.

Guest overboosted

Not really a big issue. I remember looking at a gen 196 last month and it too was a bit off of square.

Nice watch by the way. Welcome to the addiction, I mean club.

And your pics aren't that bad at all. Pretty damn good compared to some others around here. I would suggest staying away from the red background though, doens't go well with the PAMs.

as far as making it look more gen, the same stuff usually applies to almost all of the pams.

new strap

relume

new crown/cg

fix pin (it could be the angle, but yours looks great)

datewheel/cyclops

only you can decide what is worth doing vs. what is a pure waste of $$$. admin just had a thread about what to do with his new 2893 gmt rep and most of this stuff is covered there. you may want to look for that thread.

nice lookin rep btw

and what's inside? a7750?

• 3 weeks later...

@ steviemeatballs, i have the original pam 165 rep (from king) with asian 21 jewels. the only problem with the new one is that the case is polished. it should be brushed. the original rep has the correct brushed case but has a poor date magnification and the "l swiss made l" is under the six, which is wrong ... it should be like the new one. if they could put a brushed case on this one, i would certainly buy my second pam 165 rep. it seems when they correct one thing, they screw up something else ... very frustrating! i think it is a way to get people to buy more than one of the same rep. what do you think?

here are a couple of shots of my pam 165 on a ss bracelet ...

• 1 month later...