When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP RO Bracelet

bertieng

It's a secret and NO one will tell you... :1: ...

//robi

????? Don't quite understand what is the big secret behind.

Thought this forum is opened for members to exchange views and share experience, and help each others out.

I found it extremely strange some guys just love to show off what they have done and smile at themselves by looking into the mirror and saying " look, I have done this and you can't, but I am not going to teach you no matter how polite you ask for help, poor lad"......

If this makes these people feel great, it is OK. They can continue to lock themselevs up in a nutshell and keep staring at the mirror admiring themselves.

Cheers.

....I for myself did not canibalise my ROO bracelets just to get the endlinks.....if you want to put a 3rd party strap to it you can have a look on ORACLE and buy a strap that includes 2 endlinks, a buckle and a screwdriver....the strap fits the APROO case just fine.

my 0.02$

Theo

Edited by PAM1A

Bert, it was a joke mate!!! you know "hahahahahaha"... About your problem i dont know becuse i will order the watch you orderd next week so i will help you out in 2weeks when i know!!!

//robi

No offense here, Robi. I am not taking this issue on you.

If you will read from other posts in the forum, not only me have been asking questions on the AP RO bracelet/bezel screws.....politely, but simply any feedback on experience sharing was neglected.

Just wonder what the heck is the big secret. But I will call this as selfish behaviour. And kiss my foot for admiring these people. Sorry to say.

Don't worry, Robi... It's me he's making reference to.

I'm the one who 'loves to show off what they have done and smile at themselves by looking into the mirror and saying " look, I have done this and you can't, but I am not going to teach you no matter how polite you ask for help, poor lad"......'

Well... I'm certainly glad you posted this, Bertie. Saves me a lot of work from finishing up the write up on how to do this mod... The one I've been working on in my spare time since you started whining about it in another thread of mine. Think I'll spend that time with my wife and kids instead of trying to help someone on this forum.

As someone who has given away my time, parts, watches, etc. to people on this forum... Helped with I don't know how many questions on how to do this or that... Sometimes to people I don't even know, or even receive a thank you from... Well, how dare I be so selfish and withhold knowledge that I have on something I had to figure out myself? How dare I not drop everything I'm doing at the office, at home, etc. to jump to your request and respond with a step by step on how to do something relatively petty, simply so that I can help benefit YOU, and your 'me, me, me' attitude?

Well... Forget it. Again, thanks for posting this. You saved me a lot of time and effort by voicing your opinion.

Can anyone help to advise how to remove the permanent link on teh bracelet? What tool should be used?

Thanks.

I read this thread and post 3 times lol but cant get

the point off whats the problem sayin somethin or not except of

havin the time to write some words...

I understand that "bertieng" wants to know somethin but the

rest of the postings seem mysterious to me?

I understand kints joke ;)

couldve been a comment of myself either...

I also understand ubi... but for me its just a question

of time... i dont respond if im having somethin like

an issue with someone but anyway randy you wasted

something like similar time in trying to explain how

you feel, think and why you post things on the board

and why maybe you dont...

I have a picture of my own moddin done to the

15202ST bracelet... maybe no one recognized

before cause im not one of the 1000K posters

around here :) having to spend much time on

running a biz...

Heres my thread of the watch (02.March.2007)

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=21941&hl=

and heres a pic of a unmoded and moded watch

side by side comparison... i guess randy saw

it too.

272946-3223.jpg

The mod itself is not so much of a mystery.

So what tool to use for grinding or cuting one fixed

link out of the bracelet? Many ways to go but

i used my good ol Dremel for this job.

Thats all.

You just have to be careful for not hurting

the inner-links you want to still maintain

for connecting the bracelet after you cut

the link out... just be careful and do

your job with a sure hand :)

Look for yourself where the pin

lies inside of the fixed link... cut it

in the middle, be sure not to hurt

the 2 little links because you will

need them to adjust and connect

properly again...

Just give it a try youll succeed for sure!

George