When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 092 - Arktos - Ultimate Version From Josh

fishgodeep

I like this one as well .....just received this week and am very satisfied.

The ultimate 092 has a superb finish all over - good crystal / AR/ cyclops / crown / CG - Date wheel - dial is nicely matted- engraving is fine and detailed.

The only minor I can call is the hands - it may be up for debate - but in the Special Edition catalogue - the photo shows silver/gold hands instead of black.

Nothing an acetone dip and a re-lume won't sort I'm sure.

Thanks Joshua - as always perfect service - personally I can't be arsed with this cartel bullsh*t - I have always dealt with Joshua and ALWAYS got what I paid for end of story.....that's why I keep going back.

Angus's Kevlar dive strap is a work of art - I cannot fault it in any way.....thanks Angus for providing this ...worth the wait.

Thanks and enjoy

Simon

273174-3119.jpg

273174-3120.jpg

273174-3121.jpg

273174-3122.jpg

273174-3123.jpg

273174-3124.jpg

273174-3125.jpg

273174-3126.jpg

273174-3127.jpg

273174-3128.jpg

273174-3129.jpg

Do not worry, gen hands are black, the pic on the OP catalogue must be of a prototype.

Yours is an excellent watch, congrats! The only (very very minor) 'flaws' that I can spot on a side-to-side pic comparison are that, on the gen, the lume on hands is whiter than the lume on mumbers and indices, and the brushed SS texture is a little more aggressive.

...Apart from the cyclops... Where does that odd 'double contour' come out from?!? :blink:

the hands are correct... black. Only North Pole has silver hands.

only flaw on this model is the CG

i wear this watch with OEM alligator strap... and this is AMAZING. Watch looks like gen with OEM strap

...Apart from the cyclops... Where does that odd 'double contour' come out from?!? :blink:

I think what you see around the cyclops, is the fact that the crystal in a sandwich with the bottom part having a hole for the Cyclops to fit into.

The ring is the sides of the hole cut out in the bottom half of the sandwich.

RG

I think what you see around the cyclops, is the fact that the crystal in a sandwich with the bottom part having a hole for the Cyclops to fit into.

The ring is the sides of the hole cut out in the bottom half of the sandwich.

RG

Well, I was suspecting that (actually, I asked that exactly to be sure).

As a matter of fact, I had some experiments on that kind of sandwich crystals, and I could verify that that double ring appears only when the cyclops is not extactly the same size as the hole -- e.g., a 6.75mm diameter cyclops in a 7mm diameter hole.

So I was essentially wondering whether that watch had a replaced cyclops, or it came that way from the dealer.

In either case, I think it would deserve a new cyclops with a better fitting in the hole. I feel it is a shame that the cyclops is screaming 'fake!' in an otherways very good watch.

the ring seems to be absent on angus' ultimate 92.

Oddly enough, the ring is also undetectable on Josh's pics of his upgraded (PN09203 - PN09204) models, I can spot it on his 'old' (PN09202) model only...

Oddly enough, the ring is also undetectable on Josh's pics of his upgraded (PN09203 - PN09204) models, I can spot it on his 'old' (PN09202) model only...

Gents...thanks for the detailed comments ....yes under a loupe its deffo a smaller cyclops or larger hole ....1 of the 2.

Also checked on a few sites and it's correct on Angus, TWP and even Josh's site....!!!

I have put this back to Joshua so let's see what happens.....I expect that as a bloody good customer I'm going to get a new crystal at the very least.

Clearly these are assembled in factories and people make mistakes ......as long as it can be put right I'm happy.

Once again - really appreciate the extra detailed eyes.....that's what I like about this place ......expertise on demand!!!

Best regards

Simon

That looks really sharp. How does the strap hold up to wear and tear? It it similar to a nylon NATO strap, does it get all funky when submerged in water or worn daily? I have an ARKTOS and the rubber strap isnt cutting it for me.

Totally like this Kevlar strap...haven't worn enough to get funky but it' supposed to be knife /bullet proof material so can only assume it's tough enough for wear and tear - unsure about funkproof.

I prefer this to rubber if you want to get wet with you watch though - the chunky strap & buckle balances a chunky watch on the wrist....the rubber with 22mm looks just a bit to dainty for me.....

Thanks Ziggy & SSSurfer for your expert eyes..........Joshua's going to exchange for a brand new piece ....can't say fairer than that.

Keep it fake ....but keep it LOOKING real....that's what this forum's all about!!! :yu:

Simon

personally I can't be arsed with this cartel bullsh*t - I have always dealt with Joshua and ALWAYS got what I paid for end of story.....that's why I keep going back.

I agree. Josh has gone beyond the call of duty for me about everytime I've placed an order. How can I fault him? The information is out there if you look for it, and we did. We know what we are buying. Most people that aren't in the know are lucky to even get a watch after paying quadruple what we pay. I think a lot of folks have become spoiled and need to take a step back and realize what we are actually dealing with here.

The strap is.. marvelous!! I dont like that model pam very much, but together with that strap it is pretty damn serious. Give it to me.

Thanks The Zigmeister & SSSurfer for your expert eyes..........Joshua's going to exchange for a brand new piece ....can't say fairer than that.

Yes, with Josh you can't go wrong, his customer care is simply outstanding.

Turning back to considerations about the watch, I really hope that that cyclops actually was a mistake, not a first example of the new models with 'improved' date and cyclops that were rumored to make their appearance in a while. I am wondering this as the date font looks really good, a step ahead in comparison with former models.

As a smaller cyclops provides higher magnification, the manufacturers might be tempted to use such a cyclops even on a 'sandwich' crystal with a larger hole.

In this case, sending that watch back actually made for a double benefit: to you, and to any future customers. We have to make it clear with the manufacturers that we don't want that kind of a date 'improvement'...

I have this same watch but from King... the cyclops doesn't look like this at all so I'm thinking it's a goof... should look very clean though the date font I feel is still not quite Gen... but light years closer if it's wrong; it looks more off as the date gets into the double digits. The only other flaws are the CG... which is really very bad in my opinion... it is completely flat and from many pics of the Arktos CG, it should have the typical contour from the body of the watch to the radius... and the CG still has the ongoing issue of not mounting with the proper angles to the body of the watch. Also, the font spacing is all over the place... brushed finish is waaaayyy too light, which I've easily corrected along with squaring things up a lot... the letters and squares on the compass bezel have a seriously sharp and rough edge to them and need to be finished off and buffed again... and the bevel on the rotating bezel is no where near rounded enough... which I'm planing on fixing... which if anyone can tell me how to pop off this rotating bezel... the razor trick didn't do anything but continue breaking blades... didn't do any damage to the watch though. This is just the nit-picking perspective so take it for that... it's still the rep I've been wearing the most since it really looks expensive on my wrist... the AR coating is seriously first rate!! It's the AR and the fact that the cyclops is at the maximum possible mag before troublesome distortion happens that makes it seem and wear like a true high end watch... also the Crown is only a small amount away from a gen crown... in fact, I took one of my Gen crowns and rotated it along the rep crown like a gear... it's the same number of grooves just with a little less depth... the age of the Super Rep is upon us!!! but modding will never die! :)

I was never a fan of the Arktos but to be honest it is a very accurate rep and this strap makes it stand out from the regular rubber strap combos I always see it.

I like the strap very much but I am not sure how comfortable it will be and I do not want to risk 99$ just to try it.

Maybe you should send me yours to try it on, see how it feels and then order a new one :)

I was never a fan of the Arktos but to be honest it is a very accurate rep and this strap makes it stand out from the regular rubber strap combos I always see it.

I like the strap very much but I am not sure how comfortable it will be and I do not want to risk 99$ just to try it.

Maybe you should send me yours to try it on, see how it feels and then order a new one :)

Kostas - Brand New Kevlar will be with you by the weekend ....I liked it that much I bought a second and just received yesterday!

If you like as much as I do........I suggest a trade for the new custom-made super hide could be an option!! :-)

Simon

Kostas - Brand New Kevlar will be with you by the weekend ....I liked it that much I bought a second and just received yesterday!

If you like as much as I do........I suggest a trade for the new custom-made super hide could be an option!! :-)

Simon

Excellent!!! How nice it is to hava a fellow Pam-freak close to you and trade or simply show straps and watches you couldn't see otherwise...

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Excellent!!! How nice it is to hava a fellow Pam-freak close to you and trade or simply show straps and watches you couldn't see otherwise...

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

I agree .....the web makes the world a smaller place but CONUS still sucks if you see something you like and are in the EU.....

Do you think we should come up with FUKEU instead.........kinda rolls of the tongue well..........you can work the letters out I'm sure !!!

PS : No offence to our CONUS friends! ;)

Simon