When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Scooter skates

gran

Bush is doing the correct thing here :thumbsupsmileyanim: Scooter former chief of staff to Vice President [censored] Cheney should not take the fall for the later. Scooter is probably a good man...not so sure about Cheney :g:

That being said it is highly uncertain if the principles of "EXECUTIVE CLEMENCY" is one that should be continued. I think it should not but then again I am not entitled to vote in the USA...but many of my friends and relatives are.

BTW lets keep this thread civilized. We are all adults so lets argu senibly in this thread.

GRANT OF EXECUTIVE CLEMENCY BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

WHEREAS Lewis Libby was convicted in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia in the case United States v. Libby, Crim. No. 05-394 (RBW), for which a sentence of 30 months' imprisonment, 2 years' supervised release, a fine of $250,000, and a special assessment of $400 was imposed on June 22, 2007;

Don't miss

Bush commutes Libby's prison sentence

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, pursuant to my powers under Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution, do hereby commute the prison terms imposed by the sentence upon the said Lewis Libby to expire immediately, leaving intact and in effect the two-year term of supervised release, with all its conditions, and all other components of the sentence.

IN WITNESS THEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this second day of July, in the year of our Lord two thousand and seven, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-first.

..... of staff to Vice President [censored] Cheney .......

For your information the [censored] in [censored] Cheney was being censored by this board :1a: Crasy

[censored] = D i c k :bangin:

Edited by Gunnar Gran

The President has accepted the congress guidelines sentencing, which this sentence is well within, in all cases for the last six and a half years. This one is the first time he's considered it excessive.

The White House has effectively stated they can break the law with impunity until the end of the current presidential term of office.

Just another case-in-point of that redneck, white-trash Bush's complete lack of respect for all rights, not to mention the entire Judicial branch, and the basic fundamentals of the constitution itself.

For all intents and purposes, by his actions, he's basically saying "F*ck you" to every, single American citizen who has ever gone through a "fair" trial, or anyone who's awaiting one. Sadly, all the other crooks in this administration are heaving a sigh of relief, and will soon be toasting each other in Georgetown bars. While being the polar opposite of Gitmo, its same principle is just another example of his administration's complete erosion of "justice and liberty for all"; the very basis of our citizen's pledge of allegiance to his nation.

As someone who is soon to be bar certified, this is the entire f*cking purpose behind the American legal system!--flawed as it may be--OJ Simpson, Martha Stewart, Michael Jackson, "Scooter" Libby, etc.; the purpose of the trial is to give the best shot at being acquitted or being found guilty; of proving one's self in the strongest & most supportive possible legal environment. Yes, innocent people sometimes get sent to prison, and yes the guilty sometimes go free, but the good must be occasionally taken with the bad in order to provide the best defensive power for the individual, and the best prosecutorial power for the law. But once verdict is reached, rightly or wrongly, the decision's been made. Period. The smartest (and most dignified) recourse is always appeal.

For Christ's sake, millions--if not tens of millions--of tax-payer dollars were absolutely wasted when this man was convicted in a Federal court of law, sentenced, and then everything done during the process was immediately negated and flushed down the toilet (ironically for both the prosecution & defense) by Dubbaya...once again...enacting his own version of "justice". The man is so unbelievably ignorant, even on an elementary level; such an embarrassing example of leadership--the absolute worst in American history--that at this point, short of Cheney or Rove taking over, it really doesn't matter who wins the next election--it couldn't get much worse.

It's very sad to think that with the complete erosion of basic freedoms, civil liberties, human rights, environmental law, depletion of the Federal surplus, the halt to a growing economy, and the entire concept of justice destroyed that will have transpired during his unfortunate two terms in office; regardless of who's elected next this country will make very little progress--a great majority will simply be time wasted just trying to get us back to square one. It will take everything (over more than the next two terms) just to correct the wrong-doings of the Bush administration.

And what's sad is--conspiracy theories or no--September 11, 2001 gave that man the chance to shine above all other world leaders--both past and present--and to record his name in history next to the greatness of FDR, Churchill, Kennedy, and Reagan, etc. Pathetically, he blew it--he actually wound up doing just the opposite.

No wonder my travel agent tells us to wear a maple-leaf t-shirt when traveling abroad...

What an absolute disgrace this man has been to this country. And the rest of the world.

Edited by gioarmani

I think Cheney should be the one to take the blame not Scooter <_< Bush had no other option than to partly pardon Scooter