When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finding small parts from a 6497 movement- Help!

Tom

While stripping down a couple of 6497's (chinese ones) for servicing, our cat jumped up onto the table, missed slightly and pulled the tablecloth off the table I was working on sending the dismantled mechanisms flying.

This was a nightmare but after searching for more than 2 hours I have managed to find everything except the following. I am missing the 2 litte movement holders and screws and the brass springs that sit on the hour wheel below the dial.

Can someone tell me where I can get replacements? I have tried Ofrei and Cousins but as yet no reply.

Help!!

Tom,

it almost looks you added to post of me together.

The movement holders or actually case holders are hard to get. I have a internet link which i have to find and i will PM it to you.

The golden potato chips shaped spring is called a dial washer and i know that bergeon sells them ( then your cat canplay aorund becaause youy have t obuy 150 pieces at once +/- 15 uero's. The dimensions are 5mm round with a hole of 3 mm in it.

I'll shout you a PMon th elink for the movement holders.

Regards,

Cats

While stripping down a couple of 6497's (chinese ones) for servicing, our cat jumped up onto the table, missed slightly and pulled the tablecloth off the table I was working on sending the dismantled mechanisms flying.

This was a nightmare but after searching for more than 2 hours I have managed to find everything except the following. I am missing the 2 litte movement holders and screws and the brass springs that sit on the hour wheel below the dial.

Can someone tell me where I can get replacements? I have tried Ofrei and Cousins but as yet no reply.

Help!!

Cats,

So it was you!! Curse you. :D

Thanks for the tip, I guess I'll have to buy 100 of each. I have also realised that I have lost the tiny tiny screw which holds the Setting Bridge in place. The other pieces I can just about handle losing but I can't use the mechanism without the set bridge screwed in.

Note to self. Lock the cat and any children out of the workshop

Note to self. Lock the cat and any children out of the workshop

You may be sure that the cat made it for the best. :D

Had the same experience with my PAM 183 , my son let the small lug srews disappear.

I emalied King with my propblem and he shipped free of charge 4 new screws, maybe a solution for your case clambs

Cats