When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai 187

dadog13

is on King website...i have just sent her an e-mail...i think we have it finally done...really doubt that it would be posted on the site if it won't be released...seems that it's the real 7753 movement...

however, i am waiting to get some additional comments from the experts of the forum...

Here is my 30 second critique:

It is the second gen case with raised relief He valve versus etching on the original honpo and the genuine. The bezel is a new bezel with the markers actually recessing into it or they are at least now "digging" a hole before gluing in the bezel markers. Unfortunately I am betting glued as on second generation rep rather than screwed on as in gen and Honpo. Markers also look like they are still chrome covered base metal so you will have to be careful polishing those suckers. Also, if you whack them you can dent them. Crown guard is not "long" enough on the case as the chrono pushers should be more tucked in to the crown guard. Too lazy to look at the dial. Well, we got what we asked for. Now we just need to find out the price and then we have a decision to make. ;)

Well, it sounds like we have the movement we want inside the watch design we wanted with all the flaws we don't want. :) So, who's going to buy the first one and then post a review for us? NOT IT! :whistling::D We're still waiting for a much easier PAM194 in titanium...... :whistling:

still no reply from King to my e-mail...

with the flaws that W pointed out...I am really surprised how come dealers haven't asked for the help from the forums to make this one right...because with all that flaws it will be difficult to sell such an expensive rep...

I do not mean to kill interest in the watch. In general I love 7753's as all the 7753 watches will become rare with the elimination of the 7753 from the ETA line. It is still certainly good enough that I am giving it real consideration. For me the question is whether this is a $750 or $1,000 watch. It still is a fairly close rep to a $10,000 watch. If I did it I would cannibalize my existing Honpo which has a defunct movement as it came with the crappy version of the 7750 and use the case, CG (truer to gen in how it wraps around the pushers), hands and crystal. My critique is precursory though and I would have to see it in person. ;) I actually requested the price as well.

I gave in. The pricing was toward the bottom of my guess and so reasonable in light of the cost of the movement. It is on the way from King as we speak. Of course as the lab rat I will provide pictures as soon as I receive. I also have the benefit of little downside as if it is a bad rep I can either cannibalize parts from my Honpo 187 which is defunct to make it better or use the nicely decorated movement in one of my defunct Pandas. Now I just have to start begging Angus to make the buckles for a 26/26 Kevlar strap buckle combo. Hopefully this new watch will be the instigator. :)