When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Getting down with pushers

How do you install (tighten) the non-screw DW pushers into the case?

After easily installing 3 pairs of Ofrei pushers in non-DW cases, I am perplexed by the DW pushers? Unlike Ofrei's, which has splines that run around the perimeter of the part of the pusher assembly that screws into the case (note the 'points' at the bottom)

275262-2636.jpg

(This is the Ofrei pusher assembly)

The same part on the DW non-screw pusher assembly is just a round, smooth cylinder with threads at one end where the part screws into the case (sorry, I did not take a photo of the DW part -- I just finished overhauling the pusher assemblies and they are a minor pain to reassemble, at least without bending or losing the circlips). So there is nothing for a tool to grip onto when screwing the part into the case. And because the pusher button needs to slide freely over this (inner) part, I do not want to risk scratching or gouging the smooth mating surfaces by trying to use a rat tail file or something similar.

I am sure there is a tool or procedure for doing this. Anyone have experience with these?

I am also trying to instal the Otto pushers on the DW case but without success simply because the thread pitch does not match.

Do you have any luck in putting the Otto pushers on the DW case?

Thanks for your sharing in advance.

How do you install (tighten) the non-screw DW pushers into the case?

After easily installing 3 pairs of Ofrei pushers in non-DW cases, I am perplexed by the DW pushers? Unlike Ofrei's, which has splines that run around the perimeter of the part of the pusher assembly that screws into the case (note the 'points' at the bottom)

276359-2404.jpg

(This is the Ofrei pusher assembly)

The same part on the DW non-screw pusher assembly is just a round, smooth cylinder with threads at one end where the part screws into the case (sorry, I did not take a photo of the DW part -- I just finished overhauling the pusher assemblies and they are a minor pain to reassemble, at least without bending or losing the circlips). So there is nothing for a tool to grip onto when screwing the part into the case. And because the pusher button needs to slide freely over this (inner) part, I do not want to risk scratching or gouging the smooth mating surfaces by trying to use a rat tail file or something similar.

I am sure there is a tool or procedure for doing this. Anyone have experience with these?

Now I see what you mean.

I used this tool Clamping tool to do the job for my DW Daytona pushers. For the flat head pushers I will say using a simliar tool with rubber linings on the clamp teeth.

Hope this helps.