When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fell in love with a B&R..

scooter

Kind of a long, strange, story, but here is the condensed version.

My wife and I were in Tokyo a couple of months ago and stayed in Odaiba, on the water. I was hanging outside AquaCity, smoking a nice cigar, and relaxing while my wife was inside shopping before the mall closed. When along came a guy and started talking to me... He was also smoking a cigar and that's how the conversation started.

He spoke English but was obviously from France due to the accent. He said that his wife was shopping also and that he was on holiday for a few weeks, visiting Tokyo and China. We started talking and he said that he was walking by and noticed my watch...LOL. I had purchased it the week before at a mall on the otherside of Tokyo... My, Pimp- Star Performer

275378-2609.jpg

It was going nuts, ...flashing and lighting up like crazy... he was asking because he said his son would like one <_<

After talking for a while I noticed his watch. It was big and bright... I had never seen a B&R before in real life and was shocked. He told me he was able to get it through his work. He also said that he worked for the French national police. He said that it wasn't like the regular police, but that they handled "situations" as he called it. It was so bright and simple. I asked him if he could get me one and he said that they were all gone..

When I got back to the states, I found out that it was a limited release and only given to the police force. I couldn't find any on Ebay or any other sites... Finally I found one on a rep site and had to have it.

RAID edition

(The pic here is bad, It's all black and the metal is black also, it looks blue because of the flash...)

So I finally got the watch and love the boldness of it. Only thing is that it doesn't glow like the Genuine one that I saw :wounded1:

I see that some people do "Super lume"...Can it be done on my watch? Can any of the people here do it? Still looking for a gen tho :victory:

Kind of a long, strange, story, but here is the condensed version.

My wife and I were in Tokyo a couple of months ago and stayed in Odaiba, on the water. I was hanging outside AquaCity, smoking a nice cigar, and relaxing while my wife was inside shopping before the mall closed. When along came a guy and started talking to me... He was also smoking a cigar and that's how the conversation started.

He spoke English but was obviously from France due to the accent. He said that his wife was shopping also and that he was on holiday for a few weeks, visiting Tokyo and China. We started talking and he said that he was walking by and noticed my watch...LOL. I had purchased it the week before at a mall on the otherside of Tokyo... My, Pimp- Star Performer

275401-2601.jpg

It was going nuts, ...flashing and lighting up like crazy... he was asking because he said his son would like one <_<

After talking for a while I noticed his watch. It was big and bright... I had never seen a B&R before in real life and was shocked. He told me he was able to get it through his work. He said that he worked for the French national police. He said that it wasn't like the regular police but that they handled "situations" as he called it. It was so bright and simple. I asked him if he could get me one and he said that they were all gone..

When I got back to the states, I found out that it was a limited release and only given to the police force. I couldn't find any on Ebay or any other sites... Finally I found one on a rep site and have to have it.

RAID edition

(The pic here is bad, It's all black and the metal is black also, it looks blue because of the flash...)

So I finally got the watch and love the boldness of it. Only thing is that it doesn't glow like the Genuine one that I saw :wounded1:

I see that some people do "Super lume"...Can it be done on my watch? Can any of the people here do it? Still looking for a gen tho :victory:

Personally, I can't see any reason why it shouldn't be possible to have it superlumed, but you'd be best to check with Ziggy or Flav for a definite yay or nay... Awesome watch. Not my style, but definitely an intersting one. (I find watches that are 'issued' have a real 'character' that everyday watches just don't have) Best of luck with it :)

It is a very nice watch, wear it in good health.

Yes, after market lume jobs are offered by a few people in this forum. Some of them are really busy and over booked. And make sure you use the services of one who is in the same continent/country as you are living in. It will save time, money, and customs risk.