When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My vintaged 47mm Pam project pics

viper

My vintaged 47mm Pam pic. I used scotchbrite on the case, dark brown marker on the numbers, and nail polish remover on the dial. Would appreciate advice and opinions as this is my first time 'aging' a Pam.

Thanks for looking....

Edited by viper

The dial wear doesn't match the case wear. The dial looks like it's been flooded underwater for years and the case looks like you've worn it a dozen times. :) Keep playing with it, I'm sure you'll find something you like. Others have used tea to darken the hands and dial and if you put the care in a container with a bunch of pennies and knock it around and then hit it with a little sandpaper it will look more used. Have fun and let us see how it goes. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I recommend you redo the dial. It looks nasty like that. Strip off all the paint and repaint with matte paint then hand paint the LUMINOR PANERAI and the indices.

Thanks, I was just thinking of that an hour ago, will most probably matte the whole dial and leave it plain.

The dial wear doesn't match the case wear. The dial looks like it's been flooded underwater for years and the case looks like you've worn it a dozen times. :) Keep playing with it, I'm sure you'll find something you like. Others have used tea to darken the hands and dial and if you put the care in a container with a bunch of pennies and knock it around and then hit it with a little sandpaper it will look more used. Have fun and let us see how it goes. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

That sounds great, knocking the case around in a container of coins. Thanks for the advice! :victory: