When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega PO - removing dial from the mechanism

Tom

I am sending off my two PO dials to be re-lumed and have removed the dials from the case. The mechanism is still attached to the dial though. What is the best way to remove it? It is glued on in any way.

Both mechanism are ETA if that makes any difference.

They should be attached by pins solderd onto the back of the dial and held in the movement byby some hook looking bits on rotor side of the movement, just move the hook out of the way and the dial should come off.

With the back of the movement facing you, place the stem in the up position, and look just to the right of the stem, you will see a half moon cutout and in this cutout the dial foot, and a small half moon lever holding it in place.

You place a screwdriver flat against the small tab sticking out next to the dial foot and on the lever, twist the lever out and away from the side of the movement.

The other dial foot is exactly 180 degrees from this one, one is at the 3:30 position on the dial, the other at the 9:30 position on the dial.

RG

I am sending off my two PO dials to be re-lumed and have removed the dials from the case. The mechanism is still attached to the dial though. What is the best way to remove it? It is glued on in any way.

Both mechanism are ETA if that makes any difference.

Just out of interest, are you planning to relume that 12 o'clock bezel dot marker as well to 'upgrade' its lume/appearance and make it more consistent with the dial ?

I actually find it much easier sendin the whole watch head over for modding. In case you need a 'how-to' on PO bezel removal, see Pug's writeup somewhere on this forum - sorry I lost the link :-(

cheers,

babola