When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

rolex reps stock crown tubes ..

2005SUBMARINER

i just replaced my 2nd eta rep crown tube from my eta 16600 & encountered very lil if any resistance .

came out just like butter ! :thumbsupsmileyanim: ..

i think its a very good idea to remove the stock crown tube & water proof it if going swimming or diving .

the glue on the crown tubes i removed had very lil glu if any .. the glue was bubble gum like .

i replaced the rep tube with a gen thick MF crown tube :thumbsupsmileyanim: & used a 3m water proof cement on the gen & so far so good . :thumbsupsmileyanim:

from now on any rolex rep that i buy , i will replace the crown & tube assap!

i think it makes a hell of a differance specialy if your gonna swim / dive this summer .

277198-2216.jpg

Edited by 2005SUBMARINER

Even if you're not gonna replace the crown and tube, this is a must do if you're serious about WR. Also, it's a great oppurtunity to take a few swipes at the cg's w/ a file and straigten them up.

The last tube I pulled from a noob did have something on it- glue? Mine took a little coaxing- pliers and rat tail file to get out. Now it's on to countersinking the hole.