When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franck Muller King conquistador square face

jimbo

Angus is in agreement to produce the following two models, but needs our help in

answering the following questions.

277578-2087.jpg

277578-2088.jpg

The latter is the watch worn by Ari on Entourage... Saw it yesterdat at FM in New York

and it is stunning. So here are his questions, that I hope you can help out with (I'll

be doing research as well).

Together we can make a perfect rep!!

1. How many different dials are there? It seems there are printed dial and also textured?

2. How many kinds of bands are there? Rubber? Steel bracelet? Leather? Tang buckle? Deployant buckle?

3. How do the dial and hands match? White to white, gold to gold?

4. How many sizes of this watch? For my understanding there is only on for the 'KING' size?

5. I see there are both chrono and non-chrono version for this watch, are the cases of these 2 versions the same dimensions?

6. If we make the chrono one as you suggested us, is it necessary to make also the non-chrono one? Which means is the non-chrono one hot like the chrono one? Is there any values to make the non-chrono version?

7. For the cyclops, is the cyclops on the dial or on the sapphire crystal?

Thanks guys!!

thanks for your help guys...

actually, both of the models are available in stainless as well.

i visitied fm headquarters in nyc yesterday and they are asking $20,000 for the king chrono in stainless...

it is massive and has incredible wrist presence. a rep would be incredible.

franck has some large balls for that price!!

I just hope that chrono uses the highly reliable Lemania MH movement instead of the iffy 7750.... it could mean the difference between buying or not for many potential customers, including myself...

The lemania/venus copy movement is out as it doesnt have a date!

It will probably be the 7750.

Dear ALL.

Joshua and I have spoken to Maker about making the FM King Chrono. Now its the deciding moment on whether Maker should go ahead to buy the Genuine to make it. Its a HEFTY Sum of money to buy that. The SS version is already costing about USD15,000 after discount. Yes... STAINLESS STEEL... Gosh.. not even a PRECIOUS METAL. LOL.

I believe the Maker will make his decision soon based on input from Angus and some of the other dealers soon. Give all you can...

I love this watch though... LOL

Andrew

Glad to see FM is being resurrected. I was actually hoping for the old school King Conq/ Chrono with rectangular case. I and a number of other members own several original dials awaiting this one. That was the one that always seemed the easiest to get up and running. Similar although not the exact case have been made in the pastand it would take would easily take the 7750 movement. Whatever they do ultimately make I hope they do it in SS. Gold never cuts it unless they are willing to take the plating into the 15-20mm territory (old school "gold filled"). If you have ever run into a gen of one of your gold reps it is just embarassing.

I was actually hoping for the old school King Conq/ Chrono with rectangular.

Agree completely! This square model i don't like actually but the older tonneau shaped conquistador ... and than in chrono and/or king version would be awesome... especially the non chrono KING in tonneau shape!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks for the interest guys...

there certainly is room in the market for a square face, tonneau case rep...

this watch has incredible presence on the wrist.

And Andrew, how about the maker buys one and keeps the receipt, then he can return it later? :)

Seriously, though, the watch can always be resold to recoup at leat a portion of the initial outlay.

And check out this site:

Franck Muller King Conquistador at excellent price

The stainless non-chrono is $5950 and the Chrono is $11,500... not the King, but the only difference is size...

Do it, i'll buy one for sure. New watches coming out have been kinda stagnant so I'm looking forward to seeing some new good ones come out. :victory:

Do it, i'll buy one for sure. New watches coming out have been kinda stagnant so I'm looking forward to seeing some new good ones come out. :victory:

Personally, I'd much rather see them do the "standard" tonneau shaped Muller King Conquistador Chrono, rather than the Cortez (square) version for a number of reasons.

1) OEM dials are easy to find for the tonneau version, which will instantly solve any flaws that remain on the prooduction version's dial (which has no cyclops on the men's version BTW)

2)The cortez models are much rarer in steel--Muller makes most of them w/ precious metals.

3)They are more instantly recognizable as mullers thanks to the curvex case--which is probably why the tonneau "standard" conquistador rep outsold the cortez version by a wide margin.

4)It just looks better, IMO. Personally, I buy one cortez version and three tonneau versions--one steel to make a special edition I have the dial for and one each of steel and rose gold also to match oem dials and straps I own.

Check out the pics, especially the side view pic below to see what a friggin' massive watch this is...

To answer the questions:

The general rule of thumb on Muller hands is this:

The subdial hands are always blue and for the other 3 hands:

white dial=blue hands

silver dial=blue hands

gray, black and jewel tone dial=color of case

The dial has a sunburst pattern w/ concentric circles on the subdials. The numbers are C1 lume or non luminous depending on the dial color.

PLEAE GET THE COLOR BLUE RIGHT on the BLUE HANDS. If not, I'd bet my house the white dial versions won't sell nearly as rapidly at the price these will be offered at.

Straps: Rubber is the "standard" strap. Croc is also readily available. When you buy the gen, please note the unusal padding on the strap. Of course they also come w/ bracelets.

Naturally, the chrono version would be more desirable, since the rep will probably cost the same even though the gen chrono costs several thousand more.

Since you will have to use the tricompax A7750, it's essential you get the date font right, 'cause the only fix would then be swapping the DW for one specially made. Please PM me if you need to know the correct font.

Anyway, I'd be happy to answer/ research any other questions. Thanks for repping another muller!!!!!

post-53-1183989373_thumb.jpg

post-53-1183989432_thumb.jpg

post-53-1183989523_thumb.jpg

It's about time ... !

There was a rep out in California once,... a guy at work had one, and it was pretty

good,.. heavy with excellent QC and accuracy...

The guy he brought it from however vanished,.. I guess he got pinched,...

Looking forward to this one,... it's the Only FM that I find masculine enough

wear,...

Ari has one on the show....I guess I have to have one...lol. Serously I love his character.

I'm with you. I'm in for the "Ari Gold" model. It would have to be gold though. His name ins't Ari Stainless, is it? Seriously, I rairly wear the same watch two days in a row, and only wear gold watches when I'm dressed up, so I've never had any problems with gold plating wearing off. If they do a good job plating, I don't see the problem. To my eyes, there is a lot of varience in golds anyway, except for Ari Gold, that is. He's the real deal. This would be a fitting rep.

Ari notwithstanding, the problems w/ the square case are:

1) Muller makers most of Cortez Coinquistadors in precious metals. The overwhelming majority of stainless pieces are made w/ the tonneau case. Considering how folks feel about plated watches, I bet most would opt for the more "believable" material.

2)They made a rep cortez conquistador, non chrono, in the standard size that was just as accurate as the tonneau version. The tonneau versions sold out. The Cortez versions didn't, probably because most people identify Muller closely w/ their rectangualr Curvex cases.

3)Most people who buy this watch will want to upgrade w/ gen dials. The tonnuau case dials are far easier to source--I have OEM dials for both versions so I'm good to go, but sourcing the square dials to go w/ stainless cases will be nearly impossible.

Believe me, I'll buy either verson even though I'm not a fan of the TV show. I just think we have a better chance of getting this and addtional Mullers made if they choose the model that will sell the most.

They should just re-release the good version of the Conq ETA-2892 and then add the chrono version to it...

The Conq ETA-2892 is nearly perfect esp. with a dial swap and a Chrono wouldn't be too difficult to make off from the standard tonneau Conq.