When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what would you do?

cabbage

You want to know why you recieved a letter from a lawfirm representing the manufacturer???

It's because you asked for it!!! If you didn't order the said merchandise, why would you bother to take the time to fill out a form giving customs all of your personal information so that you could proclaim your innocence?? Customs knows that you ordered the watch, they would not have sent you a letter otherwise. Why give them bait for their hook by sending back their form with ALL of your personal information on it. You just lied on the form as well. Now you can add that to your crime. They sent it certified mail??? You wonder why?? It's so they have proof that you received it. Ask an attorney why he or she uses certified mail. The simplest and safest solution is to throw the customs letters in the trash. If they send it certified, tell the postman that you weren't expecting anything from customs and to return it. That is not a crime. You are NOT responsible for what someone else sends you in the mail. Remember that. You are responsible for what you send and sending a signed confession (or denial) to an agency associated with the US government is absolutely retarded no matter which way you look at it. I'm sorry but you will never convince me otherwise.

i can see you have not read one of these letters. you do not give any imformation on this letter nor do you have to lie about anything because their are no questions asked. the letter is a notifacation that you, as the importer of said package have the right to contest the seizure of the item or you can sign the letter, giving up your rights to the package and if their has not been a penality acessed they will start disposal proceedings at no cost to you. other than that it just lists the laws dealing with intalectual property rights and tells you what proof you will have to supply if you wish to prove the item is real. they already have you as the importer of the package. they do not ask if you ordered it or any further information at all. all that , i didn't order anything crap is useless because you are never asked. but like i said, feel free to handle it how ever you wish it certainly doesn't matter to me. i was just explaining how it works. and you can rest assured my lawyers are always notified of any legal matters i have to attednd to and i do so under their direction. but if i were you i would do it how ever you are comfortable with it.