When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what would you do?

cabbage

i will not name the dealer now as i really hope to work out something with him, but its not sounding good thus far in the email communication....here are the particulars. several watches ordered, shipped via EMS, stuck in customs for over 2 weeks.

obviously the watches were somehow snagged, stolen, or what have you....as this is what others experiences seem to be when the tracking number on usps.com is listed eternally as in customs.

dealer is telling me to demand watches from the post office.....usps says that there is nothing they can do when it is "in customs"...i can file a claim if i like they say, but nothing they can do in customs.

i have ordered quite a few watches from dealers on this board and TRC for me and friends here locally....over 30 id say. had this occur once each with eddie and luckyyy in the past....both thankfully sent out new watches. but this dealer is not appearing to be willing to resend the watches, even though i offered to provide another $100 as a way of sharing cost of loss. again, ive ordered many a watch from this particular dealer, and would like to continue to do so....but if the dealer will not be reasonable, what would you do?

Have they been siezed or are they just delayed? If delayed the be patient. If siezed then what is the dealers policy in this type of situation?

all i know is that the tracking number on usps.com says inbound to customs April 20th, 8:45 am. Normally my packages have been out of customs by the next day at the latest, and at my door soon after. dont know the dealer exact policy on this type thing, but the fact that it was a multiple watch order seemed to weigh heavily on his not wanting to resend...basically he said, "being that it is for 4 watches, u have to demand from post office"....but i listed what happened when i called post office on it in my initial post.

It typically takes a month or more to recieve a siezure letter. I recieved one once and it took about 4 weeks. It wasn't for a watch though. I'm pretty sure that if US customs seizes your mail, they are required to notify you and give you the opportunity to dispute the seizure. I would not recommend disputing it but if you do get a seizure letter, then I feel the dealer should at least split the cost with you. Sometimes customs has been known to hold on to a package for several weeks and then release it untouched. I feel your impatience though...

I would say try to be patient. Here is some advice for next time NEVER order that many watches in one package. Spend the extra money and get individual or at most two at at time shipping.

If you have not heard that they have been seised then you need to chill for a while.

At least you know that the dealer did his part and shipped the watches. After that it is out of their hands - unfortunatly.

@cabbage

sorry to hear that you're caught in this kind of

situation.

I've been there,thus i know how it feels..sucks big time. :yuk:

In last purchase,it took 3 weeks to clear the customs.

(normally 2 days)

Hope its the same with your case.

:victory:

are u in the US? i would like nothing more then to get these watches, late or not.

regardless of what happens, i do not see that this is the dealers problem. you obviously know the risks involved as it has happened to you before, and you havn't learnt from you're mistakes. if the dealer failed to send the watches, i could see your point however the dealer has done all that he can.

I've had watches sit in customs for more than a week. SF Customs can be very slow, but others are as well.

OTOH, the longer you are in this hobby, the more likely you are to lose a shipment. It happens. All you can do is verify your dealer's policy on customs and follow through.

Our dealers are so good, they make this seem like ordering from Amazon.com sometimes........ but its not. We all take a risk.

regardless of what happens, i do not see that this is the dealers problem. you obviously know the risks involved as it has happened to you before, and you havn't learnt from you're mistakes. if the dealer failed to send the watches, i could see your point however the dealer has done all that he can.

hey punk, what "mistakes"????? i suggest u take your mistake comment and shove it directly up your punk arss.

I've had watches sit in customs for more than a week. SF Customs can be very slow, but others are as well.

OTOH, the longer you are in this hobby, the more likely you are to lose a shipment. It happens. All you can do is verify your dealer's policy on customs and follow through.

Our dealers are so good, they make this seem like ordering from Amazon.com sometimes........ but its not. We all take a risk.

it sure makes me appreciate the service i have received from EL and Luckyyy in similar situations. i think i know who i will and will not order future stuff from.

If your watches entry point is CA, you might expect this delay. We had members in RWG before that waited a month or so before customs released thier watches. All of them can see it stuck in customs for so long, but in the end all of them got thier watches. Can you forget about tose damn watches for a while?? :p

Maybe not.

'what mistakes'? you said you have had watches seized by customs in the past and then you go and order a heap of watches in one go! the dealer has no control over customs, and the items you ordered are against US customs laws. how is this the dealers fault? the dealers whom you have dealt with in the past who have looked after you have certainly gone 'above and beyond' however you shouldn't come to expect that kind of generousity.

Edited by PunkJr

'what mistakes'? you said you have had watches seized by customs in the past and then you go and order a heap of watches in one go! the dealer has no control over customs, and the items you ordered are against US customs laws. how is this the dealers fault? the dealers whom you have dealt with in the past who have looked after you have certainly gone 'above and beyond' however you shouldn't come to expect that kind of generousity.
in us the dealer, or sender, is responsable for delivery. the deal is not done until the product is in your hand. the dealers here are well aware of this and they add cost to the product to cover this incase it happens. whom ever it was that packaged the items sent (dealer or supplier) would be considered the expert in shipping things of this nature and full well knows the increased risk of sending multipal items in one package, a 3 year old would know better than to do this. they should have been sent sepratly and the extra cost added from the beginning. if the customer makes the call to send together he would be responsiable for the loss. if the dealer or supplier makes that call they are responsiable because they know better than to do this. he will receive the empty containers with a letter from customs saying the watches have been seized. later he will receive more hate mail from customs to sign and they will leave him alone, then he will receive some hate from the lawfirm representing the manufacturer. if he has not received his watches by now they have been seized. this is all from personal experiance. trust me i have seen the end of this movie and it sucks.

in us the dealer, or sender, is responsable for delivery. the deal is not done until the product is in your hand. the dealers here are well aware of this and they add cost to the product to cover this incase it happens. whom ever it was that packaged the items sent (dealer or supplier) would be considered the expert in shipping things of this nature and full well knows the increased risk of sending multipal items in one package, a 3 year old would know better than to do this. they should have been sent sepratly and the extra cost added from the beginning. if the customer makes the call to send together he would be responsiable for the loss. if the dealer or supplier makes that call they are responsiable because they know better than to do this. he will receive the empty containers with a letter from customs saying the watches have been seized. later he will receive more hate mail from customs to sign and they will leave him alone, then he will receive some hate from the lawfirm representing the manufacturer. if he has not received his watches by now they have been seized. this is all from personal experiance. trust me i have seen the end of this movie and it sucks.

You shouldn't sign or return anything that customs sends you.

I believe there are mannnnnnny topics about who is responsible in case of seisure, dealer or customer. Imho customer takes the loss if dealer can proof he has shipped. Only if upfront is agreed the dealer will reship in case off loss then dealer has to reship.

And never ever more then one watch per package.

Edited by retep

We always say - choose your dealer, then choose your watch. Some dealers will guarantee a delivered watch or a refund, while others will say the shipping is at the risk of the buyer. It’s up to you to choose which is the best deal for you.

You shouldn't sign or return anything that customs sends you.
you have no reason to not sign a disposal form. the form states that no penaltys have been assigned and you are giveing up your rights to dispute the seizure. if you did not order the items in question ( witch is what you will tell them if you are asked ) then ofcourse you would sign because in effect you are telling them, go ahead and destroy the items, they are not mine, i don't care what you do with them. if you do not sign you just look suspicious like you are trying to delay the innevitable or be uncoroperative when if the items are not yours you would not care what they do. you are not admiting any guilt, and the letters are sent registerd and you have to sign for them, so they know you received, then you look like you are trying to blow them off. if you are not guilty of anything you would not have any problem with this. but, buy all means, handle this how ever you feel comfortable because the only part of this that is illeagal is the importation and you are listed as the importer. you are the one they come for if they want, not the person that sent the package to you.

then he will receive some hate from the lawfirm representing the manufacturer.

You want to know why you recieved a letter from a lawfirm representing the manufacturer???

It's because you asked for it!!! If you didn't order the said merchandise, why would you bother to take the time to fill out a form giving customs all of your personal information so that you could proclaim your innocence?? Customs knows that you ordered the watch, they would not have sent you a letter otherwise. Why give them bait for their hook by sending back their form with ALL of your personal information on it. You just lied on the form as well. Now you can add that to your crime. They sent it certified mail??? You wonder why?? It's so they have proof that you received it. Ask an attorney why he or she uses certified mail. The simplest and safest solution is to throw the customs letters in the trash. If they send it certified, tell the postman that you weren't expecting anything from customs and to return it. That is not a crime. You are NOT responsible for what someone else sends you in the mail. Remember that. You are responsible for what you send and sending a signed confession (or denial) to an agency associated with the US government is absolutely retarded no matter which way you look at it. I'm sorry but you will never convince me otherwise.

Edited by Focker