When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Calling All Frankenjust Builders...

truthrocket

I need your help. I have read some previous posts about members trying to start a frankenjust based on the 16200. but the thread dies before it starts getting good. I recently bought a DJ rep from Andrew and have provided some pics. I would like to make some improvements to this watch, but need some direction. So far all I can see is the rep dial looking bigger than the gen (I have also provided photos of the gen as well). So here are some of my initial questions. Please feel free to add questions, comments, or suggestions.

1. I have been getting conflicting oppinions on weather or not I can fit a gen dial into my rep from Andrew so far the split is 50/50. Some say it can be done other say it can't.

2. In the rehaut there is a rolexrolex inscribed on the inside. Is it possible to use that ring if I buy a gen case and use the movement from the rep?

3. I have been getting conflicting information on this topic as well. Can I use the 2836-2 movement in the 16200 case?

4. Can I fit the rep band that I have on the gen case?

Finally, please throw in as much knowledge and as many pics as you can. Let's make this thread interesting. Most of the other threads about this very same subject die out before they start getting good- let's not let that happen.

Thanks

TR

post-7235-1184024628_thumb.jpg

post-7235-1184024655_thumb.jpg

post-7235-1184024668_thumb.jpg

post-7235-1184024697_thumb.jpg

post-7235-1184024784_thumb.jpg

Answers to your questions, TR, are as follows:

1. You won't know if you can fit a gen dial in your rep case until you remove the rep dial and movement and stick the gen dial in the empty rep case to see if it fits.

2. Forget about it. It's an integral part of the rep case.

3. No, you need a 2824-2

4. Probably, you might need to make an adjustment or two.

It's time to buy some tools and get to work. In the mean time keep reading, and reading and reading and good luck.