When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Grans list of Sea-Gull watch movements

gran

@Gunnar..

I could have told you this quite some time ago:

I guess Klink has been correct all along regarding what the Chinese are able to do. Maybe there is a Sea-Gull movement more or less identical to the ETA-2836 or 2824 as well..I am not sure...we will probably hear and see more about this later.

(Come to think of it, guess I did...)

There is more to the story, you know...

:rolleyes:B)<_<

Life is Good!

Klink

@Gunnar..

I could have told you this quite some time ago:

(Come to think of it, guess I did...)

There is more to the story, you know...

:rolleyes:B)<_<

Life is Good!

Klink

You did tell us :) but not all were listening

I've also heard this:

ETA Valjoux 7750 automatic chronograph replica commonly referred to by internet retaillers as 'Automatic Cal. 8850' or Millionsmart 8850

Million Smart Enterprises have been offering these Cal. 8850 for a couple of years. Although Million Smart are based in Kowloon, their manufacturing is done in Shenzhen. Unclear is whether Million Smart manufacture their own movements or finish ebauches bought from other factories or if this movement has undergone a couple of revisions (including new dial layouts), so it is said to be edging towards being a calibre in its own right rather than simply a copy of the Valjoux. I guess that is what The Zigmeister has told and shown us earlier.

Pictures of the 8850

http://www.anyboard.net/rec/wusimages/uploads/DSCF5282.JPG

http://www.anyboard.net/rec/wusimages/uploads/DSCF5283.JPG

http://www.anyboard.net/rec/wusimages/uploads/DSCF5284.JPG

When the manufacturing cost of counterfeits and forgeries falls far below the cost such items will bring, there is great opportunity to manufacture great wealth for the producer. This has always been the case, both historically and in the present, and applies to watches and movements both..

General Zheng (member name Soviet on RWG1) has had quite a bit to say about Seagull..

Million Smart does manufacture movements.. especially,

as you can find, tourbillons.. and they do use subcontractors..

there is no clearly defined or single place of manufacture.

Alvin and Heidi Tofler best explained the difficulties of information

flow, as a phenomenon, in their book 'The Third Wave'.

"This book is one that makes you hit your head and say "Why did'nt I see that". This should be required reading for anyone in management or in the IT field. It brings everything into focus as to why things are happening. I was amazed at the keen perception the author has. This is a must read."

Information technology passing from the 'modern' world to industrial (second wave) capabilities.. the interface becomes a fluid and dynamic areas that cross connects the utilization of old and new.. : )

Information 'lag' as well as preconceived conceptualization are readily apparent as a by product of shifting and evolving capabilities.

Life is Good!

Klink

Edited by Klink

When the manufacturing cost of counterfeits and forgeries falls far below the cost such items will bring, there is great opportunity to manufacture great wealth for the producer. This has always been the case, both historically and in the present, and applies to watches and movements both..

General Zheng (member name Soviet on RWG1) has had quite a bit to say about Seagull..

Million Smart does manufacture movements.. especially,

as you can find, tourbillons.. and they do use subcontractors..

there is no clearly defined or single place of manufacture.

Alvin and Heidi Tofler best explained the difficulties of information

flow, as a phenomenon, in their book 'The Third Wave'.

"This book is one that makes you hit your head and say "Why did'nt I see that". This should be required reading for anyone in management or in the IT field. It brings everything into focus as to why things are happening. I was amazed at the keen perception the author has. This is a must read."

Information technology passing from the 'modern' world to industrial (second wave) capabilities.. the interface becomes a fluid and dynamic areas that cross connects the utilization of old and new.. : )

Information 'lag' as well as preconceived conceptualization are readily apparent as a by product of shifting and evolving capabilities.

Life is Good!

Klink

I sure do love to surf on that third wave :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Regards

Gunnar :) (thank you for that convoluted compliment phil....or are you way ahead of me on the ocean?)

Fabulous and imformative post. Thanks, Gran. Great to have you back. :)

Thank you kruzer00, tourbillon1801, Lollipop and the rest of you :group: its nice to be back in shape again :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 2 weeks later...

Reading a resent thread here on RWG this "flying-tourbillion" is added to the list of Asian movements:

49717-36450.gif

49717-36451.jpg

49717-36452.jpg

Lots of variations on this movement

This is what they say:

"We specialize in producing automatic mechanical watches. Our 1,800-square-meter factory in mainland China produces 600,000 high-quality QA and LCD watches each month. We offer competitive prices and prompt delivery. Our in-house QC department ensures excellent performance of our products. Send us your specifications today for the hottest product in market!"

Staff Details:

Production Staff: 150 to 199

QC Staff: 20 to 29

R&D Staff: 5 to 9

Materials/Components:

70% of our materials and components are imported form China, 15% from Japan and 15% from Swiss.

Address: Flat A-C, 8/F., Dragon Centre, 79 Wing Hong St.,

Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon, H.K.

Tel. No.: (852) 2370-8399

Fax No.: (852) 2370-8221

Email Address: marketing@millionsmart.com

http://www.millionsmart.com/e/default_home.asp

However I am not at all sure that they make their own movements maybe they just buy the parts..who knows -_-

1603_1, 6922_1 (faux chrono), 6502_1 are what you will find in just about every cheap Rolex copy I've come accross..

I have to say the 1603_1 is a rather good movement for the money, its pretty accurate and has a nice "feel" when winding.. From what I can tell its basically a Miyota copy..

• 5 months later...
ST22 can be found on Louis Bolle Liason 2. Dual time... Pretty good watch for way under 200USD IMHO.

The name "Louis Bolle " sounds rather funny in my language. Bolle means bun or could also be slang for pussy. The get back on topic..... the movement is fine but I would stay as far aways form the "Louis Bolle" brand as possible.

g. :)