When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

One last 203 brown dial available!

sssurfer

To anyone interested --

It seems as Tonyxkf on cqOut managed to source another last brown dial 203:

http://www.cqout.com/item.asp?id=2657744

Better act quickly!

....I bought one of his brown dialed 203 some weeks ago.

He was good in communication....but he is a dropshipper and has zero QC....my 203 came with several issues:

- stem was not streight and the watch winds the total opposite of smooth

- winding is only 10-15 turns possible, it feels like sand between the gears

- both strap screws came stripped....so strap change is only by pushing the screws out (without winding)

- case back was just scewed steel on steel...no rubber gasket or seal!

Asking him to replace he only says...send it back with tracking....HAHA sending back to china from EU is a) risky and B) pricey....some of our dealers from the boards offer better deals.

I won

I bought from him 2 weeks ago this watch i know it is fantasy but i like it

280295-801.jpg

And i had no problem with him it came very fast 3 days from china to me in Belgium, and the quality is OK

And also had a gasket, and the srews for the straps are also in perfect shape, and also it is a plexi chrystal wich is perfect for me so i dont have to think about a exploding christal

Greetings Navi

....I bought one of his brown dialed 203 some weeks ago.

He was good in communication....but he is a dropshipper and has zero QC....my 203 came with several issues:

- stem was not streight and the watch winds the total opposite of smooth

- winding is only 10-15 turns possible, it feels like sand between the gears

- both strap screws came stripped....so strap change is only by pushing the screws out (without winding)

- case back was just scewed steel on steel...no rubber gasket or seal!

Asking him to replace he only says...send it back with tracking....HAHA sending back to china from EU is a) risky and B) pricey....some of our dealers from the boards offer better deals.

I won

@Navigater: is that a mini-fiddy? 44mm?

Nope it is no Fiddy because is hat not the 1950 at the bottom from the dial and it is not 44mm it is 47mm like a fiddy

But is is OK for my collection with my two other 111 and the 036 i have aned even the rep strap is ok for that watch

280307-757.jpg

Here you can compare it with a fiddy wich i have at home for reluming and cannon pin update

280307-758.jpg

Greetings Navi

Edited by NAVIGATER

i get one 203 watch from tony (thanks sssurfer) and it arrived in 4 days in germany :o

4 days from HK to germany with standard air mail :1a:

they quality is simple but good enough for 55GBP watch...

the brown dial is ok, but the lume is to much green and the print is to dark... but i have send it to Flav for relume.

This watch is only if you will need spare parts for your project watch. You can

@tourby and sssurfer

You are both correct and I do agree....55GBP is not that much, I as well got the watch for project, I will build a new movement inside and get the lume straight to beige....I was only concerned about the missing QC ... thought Tony could do better!

Theo

@thoe

quality control is a different story

you know mostly dealers want make the "fast money"...

QC are higher costs and the result is that simple replicas would cost much more... look this new price policy from some dealers... a submariner rep costs now appr. $450 with full QC... that

Nope it is no Fiddy because is hat not the 1950 at the bottom from the dial and it is not 44mm it is 47mm like a fiddy

Well, actually none of the so-called 'mini fiddies' have a fiddy-like text, they are named 'mini fiddy' essentially because of the typical overall look, domed crystal, crown guard, and so... so I was just wondering... should any collectors other than Paul offer a mini fiddy I might consider this watch...

:offtopic:

Thanks for your reply!

I have met with Tony personally a couple of times to pick up my reps. He has both entry level and higher priced items. Communication is not an issue. His companion/girlfriend relocated back to China, and Tony stayed on in Singapore as he is holding a regular job here.

From my last communication with them, she is sending the watches out direct to buyers.

Imho, its luck of the draw so I stopped buying from him and became familiar with another dealer over here in my neck of the woods, as I prefer to inspect my reps before I buy them.

Edited by viper