When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot Big Bang Aspen

TeeJay

Probably only about 80% accurate to the gen watch, but it is not going to be given any real scrutiny by people who know anything about watches (other than they tell the time), so that's not a problem. Doesn't have the date window, which I felt was a 'design after-thought', so a cleaner looking dial than the gen watch. '3' Subdial is an incremental day counter, '6' Subdial runs a 24 sweep, but the '9' Subdial appears do do nothing, and tracks 7 points (presumeably days) but anti-clockwise. A 24 hour examination reveals if the dials move by themselves... Aesthetically, a nice watch, but I still don't understand why people go nuts over the Big Bang.

280479-654.jpg

Originally purchassed for my sister-in-law's 15th birthday later in the year, I showed it to my fiance when it arrived, she decided she was having it for herself, and it hasn't been off her wrist since. Looks like I'll be ordering a new one for Cait's birthday...

The watch was

What do the two chrono pusher buttons do?

What is the case size? 44mm or 41mm?

What is the case made from? It can't be real ceramic for that price???

The top chrono pusher sets the 9 subdial, which counts 7 movements/day of the week. The bottom pusher sets the 3 subdial, which counts the days in the month. The 6 subdial keeps a 24 hour sweep. Once the subdials are set, they adjust themselves automatically.

The case size is 44mm

The case is stainless steel with a white coating (possibly ceramic paint) The lettering on the back of the case identifies the watch as all stainless. Indeed, it's not ceramic, but, for the price, the watch is effectively disposeable, and someone could wear one, chuck it away if it got scuffed up, and just buy a new one :)