When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does this IWC exist in this dial?

ajoesmith

Still slightly off but i have one for about a year now and have had no probs, there is a thread about reliability of the porto chrono in the IWC area.

Back on topic, i dont think it does, the reverse of it would be fine though.

Cos i cant find it on the web!

Yes, this dial variant does exist in the real world. It's colloquially known as the "Panda". I don't know if it's still a current model though.

@ corgi, yes you are correct, although I am one of the lucky ones in that mine has been working without fault for about a year now.

Cos i cant find it on the web!

Yes, this one is based on a real version.

And yes, the seconds-at-six can cause problems. My own Porto Chrono doesn't run at all well. I'll be disabling the running seconds soon in the hope that it fixes it.

• 4 weeks later...
I'll be disabling the running seconds soon in the hope that it fixes it.

Aren't you disappointed that doing so will completely ruin the appearance of the watch? The classic question... is it better to live in a state of perpetual paralysis and misery than to live at all? :brow:

I know the feeling, though, these stupid crappy junk movements are the only things separating me from my dream watch - the Daytona. :angry:

Aren't you disappointed that doing so will completely ruin the appearance of the watch? The classic question... is it better to live in a state of perpetual paralysis and misery than to live at all? :brow:

Disappointed, yes. But I'd still like to wear it from time to time.