When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chopard Mille Miglia GMT

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

So today I finally received my Chopard GMT.

I wanted to have a Chopard for quite some time so when the rumors about GT XL rep started to surface I was more than happy and waited with anticipation to see it released.

But then the more I looked at the pics of the GT XL I started to realise it is missing something. It is just to plain and simple.

Then they repped the Mille Miglia GMT.

I knew I had to have one.

Was fighting between the all silvery white dial or white with black subdials one.

Then they released a gold one! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I wanted a gold watch for quite some time so thought - this is what I want and I want it now!

And guess what?

I started to think. Maybe gold is not really for me? Maybe a SS one is the way to go?

And I decided that for the gold I will go with Rose Gold Case / Ceramic Bezel Big Bang and the Chopard will be SS! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ordered as always recently from my friend TWP.

As always had flawless transaction, great contact, fast shipping.

Got the watch today.

Have to tell you pics don;t do it any justice!

It really feels solid and genuine.

The dial is quite busy but that's what I like about this watch.

Movement seems to be running just great, will update you after couple of days.

Watch came with 2 small flaws but I am sure TWP will take care of it and I will be 101% satisfied, as always when dealing with him!

NOw let;s get back to pics!

283321-10039.jpg

283321-10040.jpg

283321-10041.jpg

Gotta love that silvery white dial and all those dial details...

283321-10042.jpg

Here's how it looks on my wrist:

283321-10043.jpg

As my girlfriend was tanning as I took the pics I asked her for some help... and she agreed...

So you can see how it looks like on her wrist :)

283321-10044.jpg

283321-10045.jpg

283321-10046.jpg

283321-10047.jpg

283321-10048.jpg

283321-10049.jpg

283321-10050.jpg

Cheers!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sql_pl

Forgot to add that I got it with additional rubber strap but didn't have time to take pics of this combo today. Will post more pics tomorrow.

Edited by Sql_pl

Thanks very much for that review, SQL. I have been considering this watch, and your review is pushing me in that direction.

I was hoping that you were going to follow through on the gold version, because that is the version I am leaning toward. Are you still happy that you went with the SS version instead? Without having seen the two versions side by side, how would you assess the choice?

Also, it would not have been a SQL_PL review without the requisite girlfriend shots. I kept going back to the fourth shot from the end. In fact, perhaps after I post this I will go back there. Or perhaps I will contact a dealer about the gold Chopard GMT. Decisions....

Guest Sql_pl

@maxse

Sorry for not replying to your question but I do not have the watch with me here so will check it out and let you know tomorrow.

Yesterday when I was wearing it for around 9 hours it did not show any sec hand jerkiness if there is such word :)

I believe the problem with the sec hand was mainly in GT XL reps because the sec hand of the GT XL is actually a chronograph sec hand running all the time.

I did not run the chrono in the GMT so far so cannot tell you about this right now.

All I know is that during those first 9 hours of use the watch kept excellent time and the GMT hand was working just as it should be working!

Will let you guys know more tomorrow!

@tigerdaytona

The GMT is 42-42.5 mm

@jkerouac

Right after I ordered the SS model I started to feel some regrets that once again I didn't go for a gold version of a watch that I liked.

But now when I got it I feel it wasn't a bad choice. This watch is quite big, bigger than it looks to be from the pics. Especially when we talk about how tall the case is when it sits on the wrist. When I look at it and try to imagine it in gold I start to think the gold on this one may be just a bit too much.

Plus we need to remember that the gen was available only in Rose Gold while the rep is yellow gold coated.

As I prefer the rose gold finish I think I will go for the Rose Gold Big Bang first.

And of course it doesn't mean I will not add a gold GMT to my collection sometimes down the road.

We will see.

@all

Thanks for your nice words. It is a pleasure for both me and Ola that you like our pics and enjoy my/our posts.

You can be sure we will keep posting. We just like it :)

Cheers!

Guest Sql_pl

Yes, the racing strap is a great idea.

Here is a pic of a GMT on a racing strap that I took when I was in Paris for Valentine's Day:

283991-9671.jpg

It is also a good comparison pic of a GMT and GT XL.

I think I also need to get myself a racing strap but it will probably be a black one from Hirsch.

The rep rubber is not too good in quality, especially when compared to my Cousteau rubber strap.

Oh and it is worth mentioning that it does NOT smell vanilla so it is not like the GT XL rep strap...

Cheers!

Edited by Sql_pl

I just did some searching about the different dial colors and the white dial with black subdials seems to be a limited edition only. 2005 pieces in steel and 250 yellow gold. On the Chopard website there's not much info but it seems the black dial version is the only one available...?!?

Does anyone have a Chopard catalog where he can look this up? I like the black subdial version best, but it has to be an existing and correct version!

I'd love more info!!

White with black subdials is still featured on the Chopard Web site: http://www.chopard.com/worldwide/fl/mm-fas...ion-startfl.htm

Why would it matter whether it is a limited edition or not? 2005 pieces seems like a fairly decent production run for a limited edition from a boutique company such as Chopard.

It matters because the limited came with a closed caseback. All the reps are with see through casebacks like the non-limited versions.

I like a rep to be as good as possible... so the quality seems OK according to the messages... now i have to figure out if my favorite dial color is actually made the way it is repped...

This afternoon i went to the AD to take a look at what MM GMT's are possible to order from them.

The white dial with black subdials is indeed a limited edition. This limited edition was from 2005 and came with closed caseback, with blue minute and hour hands and with TACHYMETRE... no tachometre!

The rep of this model is all wrong... yet very beautiful.

The all white and all black models are available from the AD exactly like they are replicated.

Guest Sql_pl

I visited an AD in Warsaw today.

They had a black GMT on a bracelet on a display.

I asked a salesman to show me a black GT XL and that GMT... and I asked if there is a chance he also had a GMT on rubber.

And he did.

He gave me a beautiful gen GMT on rubber with white dial and white subdials - the exact same combo that I have.

And you know what?

This thing is just identical!

Bezel, dial, caseback, date cyclops! Wow.

What I found that was different was a strap - rubber felt to be of much better rubber and it smelled vanilla.

I also believe gen has double AR coated crystal when rep is single coated.

I found it funny that the gen had the same issue my watch has - a slightly slipped 6 o'clock subdial hand :)

I also realised I need a black GT XL!!!!

This thing looked awesome on a wrist! WOW WOW WOW!

I also tried a limited edition white GT XL with solid caseback but black one truly rocked!

The whole AD visit was totally cool, I tried a new Big Pilot on... and you know what they had?

Yup the all new 2007 Orange Cousteau!

It was a pleasant experience to be able to have a talk with a salesman about the differences between 2006 and 2007 Cousteau with a gen 2007 and (my) rep 2006 in front of us :) :) :) :)

He did not suspect it was not a gen even for a second.

And I think I prefer a 2006 model... the new one is just too... orange. Almost like a damn swatch or something.

Cheers

Maciek

Guest Sql_pl

Oh and I forgot to add one more thing!

You will be all surprised.

Do you remember our forum members reporting problems with jerky GT XL 7750 sec hands?

Guess what?

Genuine does exactly same thing!

It looks almost like a damn quartz!

I was surprised to see this.