When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for a genuine painted 112 dial

ravishingrick

I'm definitely in. I think that the most realistic option is to have the T SWISS T 2A dial replicated with the correct fonts etc. If this is nicely printed and then hand lumed it would be a close copy of the A series dial, although the indicies were engraved on the genuine before being 'overfilled' to give the characteristic sausage effect.

I have 7 of Jimmy Fu's engraved dials which could be used as blanks for this project - he had his engraved and printed without any name, but with a L SWISS L designation. However these could be totally cleaned to use as a base. I don't think that they are available anymore. Using these engraved dial blanks makes a 100% accurate copy of the 2A dial a possibility for 7 people, including me.

The T SWISS T dial was used on the A series and early B series watches. B series rep casebacks are available to complete the ulimate T dial rep with a Jimmy Fu CG and Palp crown.

I can provide good scans of genuine T dials if anyone can take this forward.

Hi All,

as Sssurfer informed you, I met in person my printer on last week and had an interesting conversation with him.

I didn't know that he is printing the dials (for reprint on old or damaged watches and for special limited editions) for the most important swiss brands as Vacheron C., IWC, Jaeger Le Coultr

OK, I'm totally prepared to contribute all I can to make this happen. At the suggested cost I assume that there will be only a few genuinely interested players but this would tie in with the small number of engraved base dials that I have. Done properly these 02A / 02B 'T dials' really would be the 'mutts nuts'.

A really good Pre 2A dial. would be awsome. but for 120 EURO it better be good !!

We're all going to have our pet dials (063, 2B etc for me) but I would venture a guess that a 1:1 logo dial--correct A's, correct lume, crisp printing--would sell in the dozens within days--lot's of 005 reps w/ accurate solid backs floating around.

We're all going to have our pet dials (063, 2B etc for me) but I would venture a guess that a 1:1 logo dial--correct A's, correct lume, crisp printing--would sell in the dozens within days--lot's of 005 reps w/ accurate solid backs floating around.

Valid point. It would be great to have a 1:1 000 or something.