When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA Vs Asian

tag

Calling on experts...

Do you think it is worth paying the extra for an ETA rep, or are asian almost as reliable than ETA?

Some time ago I did only go for ETA but now did the asian movement improve significantly?

Thanks for the advice.

I'll second Repaustria's idea...

If the ETA is available as an option, for a reasonable fee... I'll tend to go ETA.

But if Asian is the only available... It doesn't slow me down at all.

In the 7750 department... as long as the asian is 28.8k version I'm all over it. ETA would be nice.. but too damn expensive for a rep IMHO. I just avoid the 21.6k bph asian version.

Ever wonder why genuines don't use Asian??? :g:

They could not justify their scandalous prices...

Personally, I've always had my best results from Asian movements rather than Swiss.

My 2220.80 SMP, for example, Asian movement, completely untouched out of the box (other than re-alligning the bezel insert, but that has no impact on the timing) and it runs at +4 secs a day. That's within COSC standard, so why pay the extra for a Swiss movement when an Asian can be just as accurate...

I haven't had too bad experiences with the asian movements.

One arrived dead from my dealer, and was sent back (didn't have a rep friendly watchrepair dude back then).

A have an Omega Speedmaster (fantasy model) that's still alive 9(!) years later with absolute NO SERVICE.

I must admit that I don't wear it too often, since I stumbled over this website.

Calling on experts...

Do you think it is worth paying the extra for an ETA rep, or are asian almost as reliable than ETA?

Some time ago I did only go for ETA but now did the asian movement improve significantly?

Thanks for the advice.

Sorry I am not an expert so I hope you don't mind me replying. I think you should also consider whether the watch is chrono or non-chrono as I have read the chrono function places more stress on the movement for which the swiss eta may be better suited. Just my 2 cents.