When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Found a mystery gear...

I have a little problem with my Eddie Lee's PAM24 that I recenetly received.

The watch has a very poor power reserve. It lost power in an hour. When I shake it, I can hear some sound inside which sounds like something is loosed. It also won't wind in my watch winder.

So, I decided to open the case and take a look. When I opened the case, a tiny part dropped on the floor.

I found a gear on the floor. Also the Oscillating weight is loose and the screw is missing.

I can't find the screw anywhere, and not sure if the mystery gear is from the watch or not. It could be a part that I dropped on the floor long time ago.

here is the picture:

38705-38660.jpg

Btw, I found a tiny screw in my junk part box so the watch is now working again. :)

I am just curious if the gear is a part of the movement. I guess it shouldn't be working if the gear is missing, right?

It seems to treat him of the gear of exchange that allows the crown to operate to once the teeth of the datestamp, the hands of the time and to another to wind.

From the photo of the movement it seems that this gear belongs to another clock since on the PANERAI it is present.

38952-38577.jpg

Edited by MAHLER