When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

private sellers

stutzer

I've purchased 2 pams from the sales boards recently and have had one with stripped guard screw housing and one with stripped lug screw housing. Not a huge deal and certainly buyer beware, but just a suggestion for sellers:

List known problems and adjust price accordingly.

Look carefully at the watch and check for common problems (that doesn't take long), especially if your just turning a watch.

Give the buyer a bit of history, if you know it (first,second owner, dealer (name) approximate age of the watch and mabey score it a percentage 100 being never worn.

Finally, that thing we all learned in kindergarten---do unto others!!

Yeah, i agree...you need to ask A L O T of questions. I have only bought watches from a member once, and it wasnt even a purchase, I made a trade...but the watches I got were junk...but not technicaly misrepresented, it was my fault for not asking the right questions...so I just ate it

I have sold a couple on the boards and have always listed anything i considerd an "issue"

I've purchased 2 pams from the sales boards recently and have had one with stripped guard screw housing and one with stripped lug screw housing. Not a huge deal and certainly buyer beware, but just a suggestion for sellers:

I was about to pull the trigger on a PAM, but that seller was upfront about a similar problem, saying it had a 75% stripped screw housing, which with this or that thing to do to it, you would be able to fix it.

I demurred from buying it because I have no idea about epoxy or dremel tools yet, but thanked him for his honesty.

Sorry your transaction was less forthright.

I bought a PAM187 and was not informed the screws were stripped and the pearl was cracked. It was very cheap so I dropped the seller a mail and left it at that as it was VERY cheap and I was getting a new case for it anyway. I believe disclosure should be a gentlemanly thing to do.

I bought a PAM187 and was not informed the screws were stripped and the pearl was cracked. It was very cheap so I dropped the seller a mail and left it at that as it was VERY cheap and I was getting a new case for it anyway. I believe disclosure should be a gentlemanly thing to do.

If thats the 187 i'm thinking of... you beat me to the punch by about three minutes... sorry to hear that it arrived in less than pristine shape... (this is the one with the missing bezel marker from about 6+ monthes ago right?)

I've finally sourced a 187 of my very own... just awaiting it arrival... it appears to be taking the overland on mule back route from Thailand to the CONUS... (well ok... not that slow... I'm just excited.) ... I sure hope mules can swim, cause the overland route is flooded with something called the Pacific Ocean now...

And @ OP... I agree whole heartedly.

I frequently peruse the users For Sale forum... often purchasing watches... and only rarely disappointed.... and too date have had only one really bad experience with what I consider to have been a totally unsucessful and unresolved deal.

I agree that sellers should be upfront about any and all flaws... no matter how minor. Sellers should also be willing to answer questions... I pretty much always ask who the original dealer was, its info I'd like to know. And a few watches I've recieved have been other than described... not because the seller lied outright... but because they truely didn't know the answer to my question and just answered "Yep" to my questions... luckly these have been resolved by partial or full refunds/returns.

I believe that full disclosure is in the best intrests of the community as a whole... we know that when we buy a used fake watch, it may very well have some issues... many times I'm willing to deal with those issues, some I'd rather not... i'd much rather know what "issues" i'm getting myself into prior to opening the package... and imho, the truth is the best way to have a successful sale/trade.