When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help needed with Rolex 3135

jdavis

I removed the movement of my gen 16233 to replace a chipped crystal. All went well except when I attempted to reinsert the crown and stem. I will go part way but will not fully click into place. I have tried pressing the release button while pushing it in to no avail. Apparently, I am not doing something that is necessary to complete the stem installation. Any assistance will be most appreciated.

I believe that's a small screw to release the stem. Look for posts by The Zigmeisterzumba about doing this, he recently posted photos showing the release screw and clearly explained the process.

Good luck!

Correct. It is a small slotted screw. Just back it out a bit more and whatever you do......don't try and jam the stem back in.

Good luck.

Correct. It is a small slotted screw. Just back it out a bit more and whatever you do......don't try and jam the stem back in.

Good luck.

Thanks for the responses. However, I think that you must be thinking about a 1570 movement which has no stem release button. My 3135 has a release button near the point of entrance for the stem. A simple push and it came right out without resistance. The problem is getting the stem back in. I have checked for a screw and did find one close by but, it had no effect when loosened. There must be some sort of release/retaining mechanism that I can't seem to locate. It is likely a simple proceedure once the method is discovered. I have been looking for a post by The Zigmeister but haven't found the right one yet.

In looking carefully over the movement, I noticed that there is a slot to the right of the release button. It has a tiny brass foot that can be used to slide it back an forth within the slot. I have not found that the movement of this has any effect on the insertion of the stem.

UPdate: I have discovered the problem. One of the movement retaining screws that slides under the case groove wasn't seated under the groove. Therefore, the movement was not aligned properly and the stem therefore couldn't align properly to fully seat. Once the movement was seated correctly, the stem easily slipped home. A happy ending.

Edited by jdavis