When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which dark brown strapped rep should I buy?

Timepiece

Now I have a small diversified collection of reps, but what's missing is a nice rep on a dark brown strap to go with either my casual distressed brown calf leather belt or my dressy chocolate brown/cream stitched belt and shoes.

I'm interested in your suggestions both dressy as well as casual.

Until now I have been thinking about:

- a dark brown croc/calf/kudu with white stitching + (off-)white dial.

- a dark brown croc/calf/kudu + grey/graphite dial

Thanks for your suggestions and pics are very much appreciated!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by Timepiece

Buy any watch you like and replace the strap.... 99.9% of the supplied rep straps are trash anyhow... its pretty easy to source decent leather.

And @TTK.... that Auedmars Piguet... Gen?. It appears that the Tourby is functional.... wonderfully beautiful watch either way.

Thanks guys for the suggestions!!

TTK, I spotted your Chopard pics before and think they look stunning, especially the double stitching is something special and sporty. I'm also considering the Mille Miglia GMT with white dial on a leather strap.

The Radiomirs in gold have caught my attention in the last two weeks; I think these clean models even respresent the brand better than the superp PAM112 and will go great with a suit.

Deltatahoe; yep your stunning BCE combination also made it to my wishlist after I spotted it in your collection overview! Where did you get the gen straps; at an AD?

I'll be back later with pics after I'll have pulled the trigger...

@timepiece, i got my breitling strap on ebay; i actually have another black one that i'm considering selling (it's posted in the trading forum here, which also has a link to the seller's ebay listings)-- let me know if you're interested...

also, the lugs on the 3717 are 21mm...

deltatahoe

OK, I tried very hard to find a double-white-stitched strap like TTK has on his pics with (a.o.) the Chopard XL.

But other than a glossy gator or tan model from Hadley Roma I could not find. TTK please don't tell me it's custom made :wounded1:

Now I spotted this nice Japanese pic of a Mille Miglia GMT rep (Tach-O-meter i.s.o. Tach-Y-meter :-). I like this combination! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

...But I haven't come across a (3-hole) rally strap like this in gator type/grain, only in plain leather. Anybody know where to get this strap???

292098-4649.jpg

Edited by Timepiece