When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Cousteau Diver

alant

Hi dear all, may I know if the IWC AquaTimer Cousteau Diver (Blue) is it an ultimate replica version or not? Or are there any flaws in the replica? And I understand there is going to be a 2007 edition as well as the aquatimer coming out soon. So the above mentioned should be the 2006 version. Do you all think I should wait and get the newer version? And is the current Cousteau Diver with double side AR worth the price?

*A little side note, over at my side if I top up another $40 I could get the Hublot BB Yacht Club Demonaco edition. So any advice whether IWC Cousteau Diver or Hublot BB would be a better buy in this case?

Thanks.

Yap quite true. In fact I did get to see both pieces of the watch when I met my local dealer. He offered me $760 for the IWC and $800 for the Hublot. And over here I understand the Hublot not the rose gold one don't come cheap too, that's why I'm a little concern if the dealer could be selling me a unit with flaws or with some other issues. Tested the chrono works fine though but wonder why he can offer me a lower price. Could it be another maker or is there really just one maker for Hublot?

Both watches use the Asian 7750 copy movement (unless you get the expensive ETA 7750 version of the Cousteau).

The Cousteau uses the native unmodified layout, so in theory should have less problems than the HBB which has to shift the 12 o'clock subdial to the 3 o'clock position. This may cause problems. It also has stickers on the movement which can come off and that could be trouble.

Thanks for the feedback pals. Yes these are the info I need, keep them coming in so that I can better decide which one is a better choice. I didn't know they are using stickers in the movements! Are the stickers on the rotor or on which part? And do you all think the new upcoming Aquatimer and Cousteau Diver will be using stickers too?

Oh next, the prices I mentioned are not in US dollars they are convertered into my local currency. So if I were to convert to US dollars, the IWC Cousteau Diver will be around US$490 and the Hublot BB Yacht Club edition will be around US$516. And no shipment cost as from local dealer. So as can be seen the IWC from online dealers here is around US$388 and the HBB is around US$598. That's why it's a little puzzling to me and hard to decide. Could it be due to demand & supply? Haha of course the best case would be to get both watches!

Any more feedback pals on the IWC CD?

A little update, my local dealer got the prices mixed up. The IWC CD is ard US$490 and the HBB club Monaco is ard US$762. So difference of ard US$272 instead of the initial US$40... what a disappointment.

Any more feedback pals on the IWC CD?

A little update, my local dealer got the prices mixed up. The IWC CD is ard US$490 and the HBB club Monaco is ard US$762. So difference of ard US$272 instead of the initial US$40... what a disappointment.

Hi there! AlanT:

IMHO; your local dealer selling the CD too expensive price. So far I know the CD common flaw:

1.)Inner bezel misalignment problem

2.)Dust inside the crystal (came from inner rotate-bezel; I believe the painting of bezel not so good at all)

3.)Date-Day Wheel misalignmet (Absolutely lucky draw; some are good & some are bad)

4.)Dial misalignment problem (It found from some member photos; U should notice that at 12:00 marking, the triangle,inner bezel marking)

I also like CD; but I still hold my decision until Angus release the new 2007 CD "Orange Bezel" see whether the watchmaker fix the above problem or not in new version.

I almost pull the trigger on HBB Black magic; after read the comment from mighty The Zigmeister. I don't think it's worth USD$7XX for such quality & so call "super-Rep". Bad rubber-strap, Bad design Deployant-Bucklet not comfortable for daily wear, Sticker on Rotor....Most important : I need to spend USD$100 more to servicing. USD$8XX for a rep is really INSANE (according to the quality).

Check this out: http://www.rwg.cc/members/Big-Bang-or-big-Bust-t35938.html

Best Regards,

Raymond

Edited by rckh

Hi Raymond, thanks for sharing the finer points for the IWC CD. Yes these are the inputs I would need before I make a decision for my purchases. By the way, I heard that the 2007 CD project has been shelved till further notice how true I also don't know.

Anyone has any more comments?

Hi Pugwash so the news is true. By the way do you know if the Aquatimer is going to be released in stainless steel bracelet or rubber strap? I did see some pictures of it in rubber strap but the markings inside from 12 o'clock to 3 o'clock is not in yellow color so not sure if it's the correct model.

Hi Raymond, thanks for sharing the finer points for the IWC CD. Yes these are the inputs I would need before I make a decision for my purchases. By the way, I heard that the 2007 CD project has been shelved till further notice how true I also don't know.

Anyone has any more comments?

AlanT:

As I know; factory already finished the prototype of the CD 2007. It's very simliar except the backcase,dial colour , hand colour , Inner-bezel colour. However; all the Gen 2007 model will be release on NOT early than coming September (Information from AD lcoal in HK). So, factory is going to wait until the Gen release for finalize their rep. Be patient......

P.S: I'm worry about the CD 2007 orange inner-bezel will be the MAIN Flaw; because on Gen orange are different colour tone at different angle...)

Best Regards,

Raymond

Edited by rckh