When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fiddy Crack'd

Victoria

I think it's way cool. Surprisingly it looks great. Thought it would wear too large on you but I take that back. I completely hear you re PP, but Davidsen seems to have a good rep, if you'll pardon the horrible pun.

(Thanks, Ken, too!)

Would be interested in a member's Fiddy, but as I say, if Davidsen (whom I addressed as "Dear Davidsen" in my email, doh!) would only accept PayPal, I'd probably mortgage my house to get his Fiddy. Apparently, his Fiddy "package" is awesome, with those straps and everything, too.

Yet, I would want to support Flavor or The Zigmeister or one of the modders, eventually, though. I think that's important in our small community.

-- My mother inquired how big our community of quality rep watch aficionados is, by the way. I think 10,000 is about right? That's factoring in lurkers, one-time registrants, and the occasionally savvy --

I'll probably end up buying one with Andrew, though. *g*

It is also conceivable that it was sold to the seller as sapphire, but that it's mineral. I think quite a few were.

The issue of exploding fiddy's is also a real one (with sapphire).

As for replacements, if you take that road, I think DavidsenJPN would be a better route.

Bad luck VB! But good news is that, as mentioned, DSN has a great crystal.

I had mine replaced:

here it is:

290371-5826.jpg

--- BBB

Edited by bigbadbrad

I'll probably end up buying one with Andrew, though. *g*

NOOOO ! :o

Sorry for such 'off the hip' reaction, but I (and number of other forumers) had one - and I'm not afraid to say - it's bad news. I believe you're referring to his $298+S&H "Swiss" Fiddy ?! Yes ?

OK, the watch is a bad news, and we all know that but only few of us have guts to say it openly, the crystal is NOT sapphire and in over 50% of cases it shatters (mine blew up while writing a memo on a PC :blink: )...the movement is Swiss/Asian 6497-1 hybrid, also known as 'Swasian' or 'Chiss' (those two were the nicknames that came up here and RWI forum in the last few months), while it can be a good movement, it's definitely not Swiss ETA 6497-1 based, and not worth the money...the case is now 'infamous' e0851/1950 which is slightly incorect size-wise and with rougher finish especially around the lug areas...hands are not great neither, they use octagonal tube that slightly protrudes thru the top of the minute hand ao even when you fix the cannon pin you still have that 'recessed' ppin feeling...shall I go on ?! The only positive side is the dial - it's superlumed and with thicker sandwich layers, and lighter Luminor Panerai dial txt.

As you can see, I've done my homework on this stuff and have a vast amount of experience all things Fiddy-rep accumulated over the last 2.5 years, having owned 4 Fiddys...and now only one - the latest DSN Ulti-Fiddy.

I'd suggest you save up money, be patient and 'pull the trigger' when you're 100% sure it's the right one...and learn from other's mistakes, this is why we're all here, to learn, guide and help the others about to do the same or similar.

By reading your posts in the past I noticed you haven't had much luck with all things reps, and yes it does happen to a lot of us, but some of us tend to be a little bit cautious and reserved before we go for that 'next rep' in our collection. Just sit down, relax read the past posts, do your homework, find about all the issues/probs/etc about the particular item or area, talk to other forum fellows and then, when you're absolute sure and certain you're doing the right thing - go for it! Otherwise it can become a big time and money waster...trust me, I've been there myself...:)

Drop me a PM if you'd like to receive more of this blubber...I definitelly have truckload to say about this particular matter.

cheers,

babola

Drop me a PM if you'd like to receive more of this blubber...I definitelly have truckload to say about this particular matter.

cheers,

babola

Babola, that's exactly the one, and thank you so much for telling me this. Another member also concurs with you, in a PM to me.

Something tells me to save up for the Davidsen Fiddy, new. I'll let my WTB post up for a day, then perhaps close it.

Thank you so much, now TWICE, and for such detailed information. :)

Is the profile of the Davidsen's crystal correct? I notice it is different than some of the pictures I've seen of the GEN.

It's perfect...just drop him a reminder to push it all in when mounting it on the bezel.

cheers,

babola

• 6 years later...