When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bezel Insert Aging Techniques

HauteHippie

Here's the first one I tried. I bleached the insert on the old Sandoz to see how it would look. I didn't even remove it. I just put a little bleach in a small cup and set the watch in face down (This one has a glass crystal, I wouldn't suggest placing a plexi in bleach). This one only took about an hour.

290377-5824.jpg

Edited by predfan2001

It was me, yes...

If you have a rep insert - take some Chlorine bleach, 50/50 with water and add NaCl until you have a staurated solution. Let the insert sit for a few MINUTES to HOURS. Clean the oinsert with degreaser (some solvent) before the process.

If you have a gen modern insert - get a pure bleach and NaCl - saturated solution and let sit for DAYS. I have had some of my gen insert in there for 48 hours - then it started to show a very nice effect - little dots and faded edges... :)

Great, thanks... I'll give it a shot. It's an Ubi vintage insert... So I'm not sure which category that falls into, but I'll keep an eye on it.

• 1 year later...
Great, thanks... I'll give it a shot. It's an Ubi vintage insert... So I'm not sure which category that falls into, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Sorry... what is NaCl? Just plain sodium chloride? Salt?

• 2 weeks later...

B-

Here's one that I did recently-

IMG_4071.jpg

Bleach, 100% strength and for 4 minutes.

BTW... If this is on one of those inserts I sold you some time back, I'd recommend maybe considering against the idea :) Those inserts look great as new; if you want to go with a faded insert, grab a cheap aftermarket piece and fade that instead. You'd be able to alternate between the two that way with each giving a very distinct appearance and change to your watch as you see fit.

Just my $0.02...