When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

getting called out/complimented........any stories?

cc

The owner of my company makes 200k monthly. I am just above the average financial consultant. he wears a gen PAM 088 and gen diamond encrusted bezel BCE. Everyday i walk over to the processing dept. while passing his office and he shouts "STAN GET IN HERE!!". i quietly walk in and sat down...... as my heart beat rises, he asks me if i was happy. i replied "yes, why?". he says "i've noticed you have had on really nice watches". I replied "yes, i collect watches". he says "i know.....[censored] stan...i'm paying you too much. i wanna see you collection some time" :drunk:

You should have said "You're not paying me too much. If you can prise your eyes away from my wrist candy, you'll notice I'm getting skinnier by the day".

First ever random watch compliment last night ^_^

(Meaning if I'm talking about my watches to someone, and they say "Nice watch", it's at least a topic of conversation. This was a totally unsolicited compliment ^_^ )

We'd gone out for the evening with some friends, one of which, we are the godparents of her son. Now, my wife has always been rather jealous by how well I get on with this friend, as she knows that, if I were single, then she is absolutely my 'type', but, to the point. We were in the pub, and, as it was packed, had to stand, but, had managed to secure a space near the stairs, so we weren't quite as packed as the other saps :lol: I was wearing a long-sleeved Syrian top, so it wasn't as if my sleeves were pushed back, and, at one point, I saw Nicola look round and down, clearly trying to see my watch. I lifted it up, thinking she wanted to see the time, but she then said "That's a really nice watch!" ( ^_^:lol:^_^:lol: ) I then pointed out Emily's HBB Aspen, and she was equally impressed by that too. When Emily then pointed out that she'd had a tattoo done on the inside of her wrist, she said that people often asked her if it was real. Nicola replied "The watch?! It's really nice!", to which Emily said "No, the tattoo..." :lol:

I was quite surprized that I didn't get in trouble for being complimented by Nicola :lol:

[Edit to add]

I forgot to say, I was wearing the 029a I was wearing in yesterday's wrist check :) Maybe I ought to wear it more often ;):o:whistling::lol:

Edited by TeeJay

I had a nice coment with my Ingy , a guy said it looked expencive, he was a work mate so i told him the truth but it says something about the Ingy and IWC design, they do look good. Panerai normaly brings coments like " Are your eyes bad" or what is on the kitchen wall while you are wearing the clock!

Funny thing the other day i was in a high level conference (me being the lowest there) and i counted 5 out of 10 were wearing reps after i had put one guy on to PTs site.