When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate Planet Ocean

alant

Hi pals, I'm really tempted to get the ultimate planet ocean with 45.5mm dial in orange bezel and running on the eta 2824-2 auto movement. I understand this could be like the 4th generation, so how do I differentiate between this ultimate version and those before it? The reason is that I don't wish to end up paying for the ultimate and ended up receiving a lower quality one as the seller could have mixed up and gave me a non-ultimate one etc. And could this be a potential daily beater? So is the UPO really replicated very closely to the genuine one including the omega logo? Thanks.

The orange uPO is my daily beater.

One of the greatest replicas money can buy.

The uPO is almost impossible for a non-trained eye to spot the flaws.

The logo is sadly, incorrect on the uPO.

Do you have any pictures of the watch you're about to order.

I'll let you know in a heart beat, if it's a uPO or not.

That's the UPO with Asian movement... called UPO "Lite". You can see it from the date font.

This forum section, the "Omega area" has a "sticky" review of the UPO (eta version). It explains everything.

Hi By-Tor, thanks for sharing. I was told these are using swiss eta movements! I have read the sticky in the omega section but I didnt see any comparisons/illustrations between the asia and swiss date font differences. Could you or anyone kindly guide me? I must be real lucky too else I may end up with an asia thinking that I have an eta UPO...

Look at the "By-Tor's Guide to Best Omega Replicas". It's in the Omega section as a "sticky", and also in my signature. Those manuals and reviews have been written just for that purpose... to guide people. The Omega Guide has all possible links to all possible information regarding these watches... including the "UPO Lite".

Why explain it again and again when the info is so easily accessible? :)

Edited by By-Tor

Hi docblackrock & By-Tor thanks! Dealer told me both are swiss eta... Quite true appears that the black version the font is more 'blocky' compared to the orange one where it's not. So looks like the black one is the lite version whereas the orange one is the true UPO. Good point!

Hi docblackrock & By-Tor thanks! Dealer told me both are swiss eta... Quite true appears that the black version the font is more 'blocky' compared to the orange one where it's not. So looks like the black one is the lite version whereas the orange one is the true UPO. Good point!

If the dealer claims both are swiss, what are the odds you actually recieve a swiss, or any watch for that matter?

Hi fitmic what you said is quite true. That's why at times depend on luck too! But in this case I can get to meet the dealer in person and view the watches. So that's why I thought it would be good for me to learn more at least on the spot I can spot the differences and not end up paying more but end up with a lower quality replica.

Hi fitmic what you said is quite true. That's why at times depend on luck too! But in this case I can get to meet the dealer in person and view the watches. So that's why I thought it would be good for me to learn more at least on the spot I can spot the differences and not end up paying more but end up with a lower quality replica.

May I ask how much he wants for that swiss ETA one?

I don't want to see you been ripped off.

And will he accept you to return the watch if you notice that the movement isn't keeping time. (I mean, like losing or gaining some 10-15 mins a day)

Hi fitmic, for the swiss eta one he's selling it at like US$270 and yes if it's gaining/losing too much time he's willing to exchange it for me.

Next, he also shared with me there's also a version of the UPO using Asia 25 jewels movement and everything externally is exactly the same as the UPO eta version except that inside is not using the eta movement. And I have searched through some sites most stated using Asian copy of eta 2824-2 movement, so is this the Asia 25 jewels he is referring to? And is it a reliable movement? Or could it be a Asia 21 jewels movement?

Lastly, just to confirm is it true that the above UPO I'm referring to running on Asia movement is as good as the eta movement one in terms of external appearance?

And kez, where can I see the eta stamp after opening the casing?

Thank you.

the asian UPO, is often called the UPO lite.

the stamp will be just to the right of the 2824-2 stamp. near the edge of the movement. i'm sure there'll be a pic of one on here somewhere - probably in by-tor's review of the UPO?

Hi rckh I'm sure you will love it! I'm in love my UPO too! It's one of those watches that I would say pretty well made and its my daily beater now as I don't find it too flashy and yet sporty. And it has that solid feeling.

By the way just curious, the screw down crown for adjusting the time and date doesn't have any o-ring is that normal?

Hi pals, any comments on the screw down crown? I realised the screw down crown for adjusting the time and date doesn't have any o-ring is that normal? And I have searched through some sites most stated using the Asian copy of eta 2824-2 movement, so is this the Asia 25 jewels movement? And is it a reliable movement? Or could it be a Asia 21 jewels movement?