When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's see your Big Dates

gliebig

I just recently traded my gen blue dial Bentley Motors for a lmt ed black MOP dial Evo. I'm kinda regretting dumping the bentley and thinking of picking up one of the new big date bentley's. Trouble is, I can't decide which dial color to get. I will order the watch on a bracelet and will probably buy a gen croc band also, so it has to look good on both.

Please post any pics you have of your big date.

Thanks,

-G :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The Genuine Bentley is going up in value but you can always find a deal on a lightly used one....the new big date rep seems to have great case and now has AR but I am unsure if the bezel turning moves the crystal as well and and dont remember if the Genuine crystal turns with the bezel?? Confirm?

293892-3460.jpg

what is the symbolism in that?

Anyway,

@CY0811: the crystal doesn't turn on the gen. It's a gear system similar the B-1 where the turn of the outer bezel turns the inner bezel.

@all: i saw one guy in canal st. selling one and ironically, he was next to a legitimate grey market (oxymoron) jeweler who has the gen in his display window. the rep looks good, save for below:

REALLY LIGHT AR. You see a blue/purple tint, but it doesn't too much in the way of making the dial stand out.

Dial printing could be a bit sharper and the date placement is slightly off on the rep. Looks a little sunken, if you ask me. The color is blood red, which is wrong. It should be a black on some models (at least the black and white ones) and brown/maroon on the brown-dialled one.

But, it does come a LONG way from the rep right next to it, the Bentley open heartbeat green distorted glass, made of tin etc...

Yes BIG DATES...are gross...lol

So how about the rep BCE...does the bezel operation resemble the gen?

The BCE's "bezel action" is very simple. I've seen some of the reps in person and it's just not quite smooth between clicks. But I bet it's easily "fixable" with some superglue. It could be that there are deeper ridges on the bezel of the rep.