When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Pam 188

Guest carlsbadrolex

Guest carlsbadrolex

Well, I just received this at 10am this morning from a member here... And its already drawn the attention of EVERYONE that has seen it. I just came from The Home Depot where a gentleman stopped me in the paint department to ask if he could show his wife what a Daylight looked like (He was wearing a Pam also). While showing the watch to his wife, he stated that this was the watch "he desperately wanted..." but couldnt justify the price of a chrono.

I only had one out of about ten pics even remotely come out well, but I will try again tomorrow.

Anyway, here ya go... What do you think?

293256-3916.jpg

293280-3898.jpg

That's a great shot! Your standards must be very high, carlsbadrollie.

One of the best things about owning a Panerai is the appreciation one feels for the watch, from random people one meets. The other day I was in a restaurant, when the manager (an Italian) stopped dead in his tracks when he saw my PAM 111h on a PAV 91 strap. His eyes said it all. He knew.

I'm still waiting for that oft-mentioned gesture watch collectors have, though, when they see a fellow marque-wearer and they raise their wrists to one another, with big grins, in salutation. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

P.S.: Okay, I was saving this for the weekend, but I'll post my own small Panerai collection tonight. "Watch" for it. (groan)

Well, I just received this at 10am this morning from a member here... And its already drawn the attention of EVERYONE that has seen it. I just came from The Home Depot where a gentleman stopped me in the paint department to ask if he could show his wife what a Daylight looked like (He was wearing a Pam also). While showing the watch to his wife, he stated that this was the watch "he desperately wanted..." but couldnt justify the price of a chrono.

I only had one out of about ten pics even remotely come out well, but I will try again tomorrow.

Anyway, here ya go... What do you think?

That's a great watch. I keep hoping I'll run across one. Congrats!