When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Official Launch of the El Skawronek - an original phoband

fotoman

• 9 months later...

I've just found this page off your signature after seeing your post in tourby's strap sale page :o

Anyway, I've been toying around with an idea for over a year to do something similar. I got a skeleton Swiss ETA 6497 movement from tourby sometime last year (I think - it was a while ago) with the intention of putting it in a PAM case. I got some hands which are blued steel from Jimmy as well as a case (I will be using the case for something else now though... something even better ;) ). Anyway, I'll cannibalize the unused 001 that I have and add an unmbarked caseback.

At the time I thought that would just look like a normal PAM so I wanted to PVD it... then I got thinking. I wear my watch usually on the right hand (though either is fine for me) so a destro would be great. Then I thought how about leaving the bezel as polished steel on a PVD case with see through caseback? I can use one of the genuine PAM crowns.. probably the titanium one that works for handwinds. At first I was thinking of using a polished PAM crown to set it off... but now toying with the idea of leaving the crown guard leaver unpolished... or perhaps the other part... or maybe just PVD everything but the crown and bezel. Any thoughts and advice? If I don't like the finished look, I could always get the steel parts PVD'd.

Funny thing is - this watch is about to go a HUGE transformation

what is the same? - the case :)

what is new - a pvd - or at least black - skeleton movement

on order from HKTAN a 5mm +thick black Gator Hornback (the horns on top of the 5mm thickness) - with matching black stitch of course

and a New more solid PVD deployant from panatime

and some sort of AR coating

I have to say that the PVD case and the PVD skeleton movement are Really Bad Ass - its got a dark, darth vader feel - and, with those prickly hornback strap super thick - this thing should look really awesome

I just wish i could pvd the remaining pieces in the movement, there are a couple of SS pieces.

if your going pvd - go all out - i like the Shinny pvd, vs. the titanium pvd look/ sandblasted

i got my case from Tourby for this project.

here is the watch with the black movement http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=69467&hl=

i have alot of work to do - movements, straps, AR, watches to get in - as soon as that all gets together, i'm going to do a whole new collection page - its basically all new since the last time i updated it

sometime around July

Saw this thread last year, and I am even more impressed seeing it again and hearing your plans for it... only thing I do NOT like about this project is that the damn thing is not on MY wrist. I'm just positive it would look a whole bunch better there! :wub:

This is a beautiful watch. Well done, Phoband!