When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian 21J

lazarini

Some do some dont there are so many of them out there, the myota 8215?? does but the 8115 does not or some thing like that. the DG2183 from cousins in uk does and that is based on the myota. But just have a look at the selection that cousins have with 21j there are thousands of variations.

I own 2 21J's and both have hack-function.

It's a PAM090 Powerreserve and the Cheap but Great Chopard Mille Miglia GT XL.

Be warned though that the rotor of the 21J makes heavy noise when spinning it around. some try to fix this by using grease for the rotor bearing, but both The Zigmeister and my local watchsmith told me not to do so as the grease will definately spin out of the bearing at a certain point in time and thus polute the movement on areas where grease can do serious damage (!)

I own 2 21J's and both have hack-function.

It's a PAM090 Powerreserve and the Cheap but Great Chopard Mille Miglia GT XL.

Be warned though that the rotor of the 21J makes heavy noise when spinning it around. some try to fix this by using grease for the rotor bearing, but both The Zigmeister and my local watchsmith told me not to do so as the grease will definately spin out of the bearing at a certain point in time and thus polute the movement on areas where grease can do serious damage (!)

True, but your watchmaker can lightly oil the bearing with a heavier grade lube that will reduce the noise a bit without danger of gumming everything up. Grease all over the place won't really do any damage, (unless you use so much it gets on the dial!) but your watch will run like crap and it's an unecessary reason to require a yourself a service.

Don't try it yourself unless you have experience oiling watches. Too much oil in a watch looks like no oil at all to a layperson. That's probably why they are warning against it.

Light PML or d5 on the click and click wheel will also help quiet it a bit.

Edited by Amplitude