When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

$450 to spend on a diving watch

crystalcranium

I forgot to say, if you're concerned about sand fouling the mechanism of the deployant clasp of an SMP, put it onto a rubber strap, or, a waterproof leather one... Before I totally killed my 2531.80 project watch, I put it on a rubber strap I bought to go on my 42mm Planet Ocean. Obviously the watch itself wasn't anything special, but, it looked 100% better than when it was on the factory SS Bracelet... Much more comfy too, although, not as easy to get under a shirt cuff...

I've owned a Tissot Seastar for nearly 3 years now and I can say it's a tank of a watch. I've worn it in the surf too many times to count, and it looks just as good as the day I brought it home. I got a leather Di-Modell strap for it and a rubber diving strap too to mix things up. The Oris is a beauty of a watch too. I recently helped my friend get one from TZ and he's loved it. Good Luck

I've owned a Tissot Seastar for nearly 3 years now and I can say it's a tank of a watch. I've worn it in the surf too many times to count, and it looks just as good as the day I brought it home. I got a leather Di-Modell strap for it and a rubber diving strap too to mix things up. The Oris is a beauty of a watch too. I recently helped my friend get one from TZ and he's loved it. Good Luck

Yeah, the Oris Titan is a rock. I've been wanting one for years....1000M WR...I don't know of another watch in the $1000 range that sports that kind of WR

I just thought i would add my two cents. Go for the Orsa Diver like Pugwash stated earlier. They are very well built, have ETA movement, the lume is excellent, and Martin is an excellent individual to deal with. Here are some pictures of my little orsa diver.

299245-3517.jpg

299245-3518.jpg

299245-3519.jpg

299245-3520.jpg