When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm buying 2 PO from Andrew in about 20 min... need advice.

guanaco

Hi, I'm buying 2 PO (one UPO 'Lite' 45.5mm with red numbers/black bezel and another PO which is the $118 PO with white numbers and goes for $118 which is the 42mm version), however I'm buying the waterproofing option for the UPO 45.5mm, in order for those two not to get confused and they waterproof one instead of the other should I add the waterproofing in a certain order, for example, 1st the waterproofing and then the watch I want to waterproof and then the watch I'm leaving alone?

Also can anyone please explain me what these are for:

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...1fe590fdc077498

Thanks!

Will do Roger, just one thing, do you know what the STRAP/BOX PAYMENT on the link are, are they like 'add a box/strap with your order for a bit more money'?

Guanaco, I don't know, since before I order anything on the site I just ask Andrew first. The member above counselled you to do so, and I would certainly concur.

Andrew hasn't gotten up yet. It's 3 AM in China, and he gets up in a few hours to check emails. I can't tell you what to do, but if I were you, I'd wait to get answers before charging that card.

(Add strap/box does sound just like that though)

Good luck!

P.S.: Good, his email is up and running again. I have to email him too!

If you have a rep feindly watch smiths near you it might be just as well to get the water proofing done there as opposed to in china, that way if you have a problem later you know who to complain to. I have had many reps and nver asked for water proofong, i just make sure the crowwn is sealed and the back is on tight and have been lucky so far. Better off get it done by a local watch smith!

Hey guys, thanks for the replies, I contacted Andrew a while ago asking him. Andy I appreciate your recommendation, however the watch repair shops here are not really to be trusted (most), and the ones that are trusted I called and told me to take it to 'La Joya' which is a retailer of mayor swiss brands including Rolex and Omega, however since they're AD of Omega do you think they would be able to do it? Or should I stay away just for the sake of the Replica? It's conveniently placed at 3 min. by car from my house, however they charged me $150 when I took my Speedmaster for repairs because I needed to change the O-ring and had busted the winding mechanism and a tiny fix was needed... a service that would've cost me $40 in the US... That's El Salvador for ya...

Just ordered from Andrew two PO, first one is this one for me:

UPO 45.5mm with Red Numbers

And this one, which is for my dad:

PO 42mm Black Bezel w/White Numbers

**I added the waterproof $50 option for the 45.5mm version BTW.

Any thoughts on the watches, specially the 42mm one with the 21J movement?

Might I add Andrew really surprised me, sent him a question and less than 1 minute later *BAM!* a reply! I was amazed how fast he replied to my questions, now that's great customer service :D!

The HE Valve is the only weakness on the watch. It does not use seals and does not turn as tight as the gen. All they do is glue the HE Valve. I negotiated waterproofing for free when I bought mine from Joshua. I have tested it swimming, snorkelling and hot tub with no problems. I think the very best method is the vac chamber test. I have to find one of these used. So far, the PO and Steelfish are the only 2 watches out of 40+ I trust in the water. I think it is really hit and miss. I just don't want to chance it.