When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Frankenjust

nietzsche0904

I am intending to create a Frankenjust in the near future and I was wondering if I could run through some stuff with you, I am gonig to get:

A 6mm Crown

A 16013 Case

A ETA 2836-2 (Where is the best place to source this?)

Tudor Replacement hands from Ebay

A Datewheel overlay from Cubic Works

And A Spacer Ring (Can someone lead me in the direction to get one?)

A case opener

A Hand Removal Tool

Does that Look in order? I will probably mount the head on leather, so I do not have to pay out hte nose for a Rolex Bracelet

Buying a 2836-2 movt is going to depend on where you are. In the USA, I'd go to julesborel or ofrei. In the EU, Cousins is probably going to be the easiest.

The plastic spacer ring basically comes from an old watch- one you have junked- the movement doesn't work or something like that. The same for the hold down clips. A good watchmaker would also have those parts- they're cheap and really something he'd give you if he's a nice guy. Certainly worth no more than a dollar or two.

FYI, my watchmaker built my two Frankens for $50 each w/ the parts I supplied. I think that's a great deal! Saved me hundreds of dollars wprth of aggravation.

Is it viable to just buy someone's old ETA Sub or Datejust and just gut the sucker for parts (such as the spacer and the movement)? Does it have to be a 2836 or does the 2824 suffice?

Do the rep bracelets fit on the gen watch heads?

I would get a watchsmith to do it, but I will be at school in Saint Louis and I don't relaly have the time for the patience to look for someone who is willing to put together a datejust.