When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Polishing TT with Cape Cod or anything for that matter

330cic

So I recently got my package of Cape Cod and tried it on my gen. I didnt go too rough on the cleaning becasuse I really wanted to test it 1st. WOW, Johhny Shine indeed.

So there is A TON of info on the polishing SS reps and I have read info on polishing the TT rep bracelts. Some say yes, some say no.

Anyone have any experience on the polishing of the REP TT bracelets ?? The last thing I want to do it damage the gold that is on the TT bracelet.

I know this might be and over done topic but I am hoping that there are a few Vets out there to help.

If there is a better suggestion than Cape Cod cloth for polishing REP TT bracelets, please do share.

Regards,

"The meltdown of the mortage industry is not only of the bad apples in the industry. There are those that are the clients that f%$!ed it up also"

I used a Cape Cod on a two tone Santos 100 bezel... after the gold plating was already wearing off. I figured that if I wore it all the wear off it would either look like a subtle white gold or at worst a SS bezel, which was preferable to a worn TT look. .... And it worked! This particular rep (first gen, cost me $100 or less) still doesn't compare with my best or even my better quality reps, but anything is better than partially worn gold plating.

If you want to polish plated gold, use CONNOISSEURS dual-side polishing cloth. They come in a red box. I recently tested them against a TT link, 14K 15mil gold wrap. Even after strong rubbing, the gold remained - and returned to its original luster.

I would use Cape Cod for watches like SS Breitling, where the polished SS scratches really easily.