When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this a Gen or Rep 27C?

JBoy

Crown and date font lead me to think this is a rep- not sure though- the mag looks the right size, and the spacing of the elements on the dial is better than most of the reps I have seen.

Oh, and the finishing on the inner edge of the crown guard is really bad.

-O

Edited by new & improved osteopath

i already wrote on RWI that i think it's a gen...you could have posted a link to 'risti where all the story is going on...

hxxp://www.network54.com/Forum/353390/thread/1186964032/last-1186974640/LNIB-Panerai+power+reserve+RARE+27C

i'll remove the link if needed...

The date font looks to be a standard ETA 2892 date font, the gen date numerals are also much thicker. I recall that there was a board member that managed to source and mount a genuine PAM 27-c handset on a rep PAM27, this could be it?

Since I know for a fact that there are 27 dials and hand sets available, I'm going to guess either rep w/ gen dial and hands or gen w/ a swapped out movement. If they're smarmy enough, someone could probably make a few extra bucks by removing and selling the OEM movement and then selling the watch w/ standard 2892 installed as 100% gen. If this is the case here, I'm guessing the guy got tired of waiting for his 2892 datewheel... :lol: