When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Gen Tag Link Chrono?

Tag Man

A friend of mine just purchased a new grey dial Gen Tag Link Chrono from an AD.

It is a little different than our favoroite rep because it has a display case back and the the clasp has a double push button release rather than the fold over clasp on all of our watches. The rotor says Calibre 16 on it. The dial is identical to our reps and so is the bracelet (other than the clasp).

Is this a new gen model? If so, I hope a rep is made because I really like the display case back.

A rep display case back may involve stick on letters that are liable to come unstuck and foul up the movement. Otherwise it may be engraved (if you're lucky) or it may have a metal plate stuck on to the rotor.

A rep display case back may involve stick on letters that are liable to come unstuck and foul up the movement. Otherwise it may be engraved (if you're lucky) or it may have a metal plate stuck on to the rotor.

It would be no different the the current Carrera reps. Which, by the way is what it sounds like you're describing, Tagman. You sure it was a link he got?

Edited by giorgio

I am sure it is a Link Chrono. I have a Link Chrono one on my rist right now, and this must be a new Gen model. I looked at it again today, and it is really nice. It has the Calibre 16 automatic movement. The watch had a sticker price of $3,000, which is quite a bit higher than the regular Link Chrono (he got if for $2,600).

This will be really easy for the rep manufactures to reproduce, as it uses the same case and dial. They will just need to put the saphire display case back on and change the clasp to the double push button clasp.

Look for this new model the next time you are at the AD.